Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Tale for Royal , Part one ...

SurfCutter

I guess it would be best to start from the beginning of how I got to hunt the Great North of the Boarder ...
This is were it all started Garrett's $100,000 Treasure hunt back in 79' I was just fresh out of high school and a new Whites 6000d a a thirst for the stuff that shines . I signed up and got out to the hunt located in North Hampton Ma. at the old fair grounds . this Fair ground had NEVER been hunted , they even had signs up back then NO Metal Detectors !:nono: and a grounds keeper who kept the place like a golf green even had the race horse crowd in fear if they damaged his grass and here they are hold a hunt on these very grounds :surprised:.
Well I was not prepared for what I found hundreds of people hunting all over this fair grounds day and night around the clock find coin's back as far as the very beginning of the fair in the mid 1800's Seated liberty , barber, you name it it was founds and not just one or two but in hand fulls people gave up going to the hunt and just hunted the fair ground it was so thick with old coins and I just a clueless kid .... well I did OK for a first time hunt with those that were more experienced with detecting . It was the people I had the good luck to meet that will play a major part in the coming tales...
One was a group of Canadian down for the hunt I guess I had the lost soul look about be and they took me under their wing and guided this clueless youth into the world of THing , a great time was had by all and in the end we exchanged phone numbers and addresses .
We all left for home after the hunt , I not really giving much thought as to see or hearing from my new found friends so soon as to get a call that evening , I only lived about two hour away from the hunt. It seemed in their haste to get back to Montreal and parts north they had left some camera equipment at the hotel they had stayed at and would I be kind enough to go and get it then ship it to them . So begins my adventures North with Richard and Heather of Montreal's Detector De Treasure (now closed and currently in some part of ONT. unknown, if you see this Richard or know of him have him call me I would like hear from you again ...)
I did just that the next day I raced out to North Hampton got the equipment had a quick dinner and looked at the fair ground , the No Detecting sign was back up and it looked like a war zone with all the dirt that showed from all the digging to this day I wonder how much Garrett paid to get that ground and what they paid to have if fixed if they ever did ... to make a long story short I made up a small a wooden crate that was so well built that customs did not feel like opening it and poor Richard had a hard time of it but I was worried that the equipment would travel and not get broken so I built it ...
That is how I got the invite to hunt the great north ...
end of part 1
Bill g.

Seems as though all [or almost all] of the virgin, good places are gone. we still find a few up here... but even those are becoming scarce.

Calm seas

Mikie

n/t

and they had to be some of the best folks that I have ever met...they would have given you the shirt off their backs to help someone in need. They were also some of the best cowboys that I have ever seen.

Your story looks like it is going to be a good one and I am looking forward to the next part...if Royal does not delete it! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have hunted places like that but they were all under water. I never found that many seated though. It had to be a blast!!

Thanks for joining us and sharing your life with us.

No story is too long for me:clap: