Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A strange thing happened on Halloween night.............

Kelley (Texas)

A friend of ours, Chuck Snyder came by the house last night and told us a story about a strange "happening" on Halloween night over on Willow Road. It seems that some children out trick and treating encountered an old grumpy man, old man Biggs, sitting on his front porch with his walker beside him... he was extremely rude and just out right scared them with his nasty attitude. He ran those kids off without offering any treats. This evidently happened to about a dozen or so kids through out the evening. One of the parents took offense and called the sheriff's office and reported old man Biggs, but the dispatcher sorta laughed and said that she would make sure that the sheriff would be told about it. Yesterday morning the sheriff drove out to that house on Willow Road...found it empty, no one living there. Debbie and I looked at Chuck and said that old man Biggs died last month. What is even stranger is the fact that old man Biggs had a walker and was known to not like children...would run them off when he found them fishing in his stock take or gathering up tadpoles from the creek at the rear of his property. Oh, the sheriff did make mention that he found fresh Marlboro cigarette butts on the front porch...old man Biggs smoked Marlboro cigarettes. I wonder who the old man was that was sitting on that front porch on Halloween night? Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

a few kids,had just left my driveway. A few minutes later, Linda and I were eating in the kitchen, when we heard a real loud crackling,and huge bang! This is with windows and doors shut. We ran out side, and found a limb about 2 to 3 foot in diameter, and 30 ft long,came crashing down in the driveway, and blocking the street. It damaged a small dinghy, and the door on my Suburban. I am so glad, the kids had already left! It had been extremely windy all day and night. more kids came for trick or treat, but climbed over the limb! They though it was great..Almost a full Moon, tree in the street....Neighbors 5 houses down heard the noise, and came to see it! They were kind enough to offer their car if I needed it. Called the police to report it,they drove down, eyeballed it,and informed me, there were no City workers on duty....oh well, I expected that.
The next day, I hooked a chain to it, and pulled it so I could get out of my driveway. A neighbor who burns wood cut it up, and is happy! Hopefully insurance will pay for the damage to my truck. I cut the dinghy up, it was junk.
That same night a poor 10 yr old, got crushed by a similar tree in New Hampshire, I am so glad no one got hurt at my house.. Rj

They could have really been hurt if a tree limb that size would have fallen on their car. I bet that your neighbor is in hog heaven at the moment with all that firewood. :lol: Shortly, winter will be paying you folks a visit and you will not be able to get outside as much as right now. What do you do when you are confined to the house due to weather? Kelley (Texas) :)

up town. We NEVER have had a kid come begging. Out in the country and raining. Nobody comes out here. It is almost like expecting a trick or treater at Mikes

n/t

once, during the Blizzard of 1978. I am either plowing the dealerships lot, or when finished, I enjoy driving around town, or driving near the ocean to check out the Sea's. Can never get sick of seeing rough water or high sea's, specially seeing the large whitecaps hitting or splashing high above the rocks/cliffs off the nearby Islands, or drive to Gloucester or Rockport to view the ocean from vantage points i know of. At the same time, it feels good to sit on the couch once I am really tired, and try to catch about 5 minutes of TV, before snoozing in the warmth of my house....:D Just always remember to stay off the highways while the plows are out. You ever been driving in heavy snow, on the highway with 3 to 5 dump trucks with huge plows, running about 10 to 20 feet of each other,side by side at an angle, from passing lane to breakdown lane? You can't pass them usually, so your stuck behind them for miles, or until they turn off... I guess i find it kind of exciting driving in the snow, with a plow or a Suburban. But on the other hand, I am in NO rush to see any snow!! :D