Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A strange, and fortuitous meeting.. part 3

Micheal_R

Staff member
Fast forward to the late 1990s. I was still diving, albeit perhaps with a tad more caution than before. We still lived in Victoria and we were retired. We were in the process of redoing our house and had decided to tile our dining room and entrance hall. I had never tiled before and when we went to the home depot, the lady who was in that section took the time to give us her name and said that she would be happy to come over and give us a short tiling lesson. Carol and her husband arrived and proceeded to show us the basics of tiling. That done, we retired for a wine and chat. They left and we continued on with the job. We finished that tiling project and kept in touch with our new friends, Dan and Carol. We would go over to their place, or they would come to our place and we just enjoyed each others company.

It was during one of their visits, while I was off diving and they dropped by to visit, that I arrived home with some more of my dust collectors [bottles]. We all took the time to admire the bottles and I set out to put them in a bucket of acid. When the bottles come up, some of them have barnacles the size of coffee mugs on them. Acid is the only way to get them off.

I came back to the gathering and Carol asked where I had been diving. I told her Brotchie Ledge. Dan then popped up with

What are the odds of something like this happening? What ever became of Dan and Carol? Mike, I really liked this story, especially the surprised ending...thanks for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Strange how things come full circle.. I think I'd have had to change my wet suit if I had that eel come out at me :rofl: The closest I ever got to teeth like that was off the jetty at Long beach CA. Thanks for posting it!

Dave

Both are doing well.

Fair winds

Mikie

n/t

n/t

n/t

Nothing like having good friends.

I really enjoyed your story. You'll have to post some photos of some of your favorite "dust collectors" someday.

aj

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

You tell them well too:thumbup:

n/t