Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Sparkler!

ragpicker

On my second day using a recently purchased used Explorer II, I found this nice 22K white gold solitaire diamond ring. It was one inch below the surface near a soccer field in Dallas, TX. I almost didn't dig it due to it sounding similar to a pull tab!

Nice Ring Ragpicker! Just think about all the pop can lid signals that you DIDN'T dig and what they could have been! Kinda makes you sick huh??? LOL

HH Duane

WOW! Great intuition and a nice find indeed. I bet you didn't expect that to pop out of the hole? Why did you dig it anyway?

Quote..I almost didn't dig it. What changed your mind???

The sound ?
Reading?

Ragpicker.........Ialways dig pulltabs.9 out of 10 times it will be a pulltab........i have probably dug a pickup load in the last 5 months.........but i also have dug over 50 gold rings in the last 5 months ...........and almost all of them were in the pulltab sound range or close to the foil range .......i have found if it doesnt sound gravely it is most likely gold .........and belive me when i get that sound ......i look like a badger digging........nice find .good luck....and dig the pulltabs......David

It was my second target for the day and I guess I was eager to find something with the new detector even if it was a pull tab!

When I lived in Western New York, you dug anything that ringed close. There are so many tokens, charms, foreign coins and other things that you find that way.

It is a tone in the low range .the tone you get from foil or pulltabs.they sound broken but constant. But everytime i hit gold there is never a broken tone it is constant. Pull tab and foil.sound like gravel spinning in a plastic bucket.But gold just has a sweet low tone. Ofcourse the smaller the weight of gold rings the lower the tone .but it is always sweet and solid low tone.......Run your ring across your coil then run foil or a pulltab .you will see what i mean..............realy nice find.............Thats why i dig all pulltabs and ketchup packets. the sounds are so close that it could be a gold ring ........David

I find pull tabs all the time that sound as smooth as a........... you fill in the blank! ha ha I

I have used the koss headphones from day 1 with all my explorers/Etrac. Maybe thats the problem, I don't know. I just got a brand new set of Sunray pro golds yesterday maybe my luck will change and I will be able to tell the difference you speak of. I can hear a "bit" of a difference in the house running stuff over the coil but nothing major. Maybe after I get to really using it i can tell more. They do fit better however.

I have found 2 rings here lately and cashined them in for $$$. From now on I am going to dig every pull tab I hear. Forget the coins! Finding gold pays and pays well!!!

Im not sure i have good ears .but i can definately hear the dif. i hunt a park thats been hunted heavy. and i have three buddies i dig with. the reason i dug pulltabs was because i was new and stupid, But i bought a detecter to see what metal was in tthe ground . Well my first day digging with them i was digging low tones .thats all i was getting ....Then all of a sudden i had this low tone really sweet. i dug it thinking pulltab. It was a big ring .on digital it was a number 2. that was my first ....after about three hours of digging i ended up with 9 gold rings . now my buddies all dig pulltabs and one of them has found like 13 rings . anyway .i dig all the pulltabs and foil sounds i come across. david

I have been using koss 150 olm.but i broke one last week.So my buddy gave me another set to use untill i get new ones .i have no clue as to what they are.

wow.David sounds like you have a good system going. What exactly sounds different to you, or do you just dig all pulltab target ID's

I usualy dig all pulltabs............but the sound i listen for is low tone .that has no gravely sound..........its the same sound as foil or pulltab only realy smooth and sweet. David

There are exceptions though.....This 14 K ring with 60 Diamonds mounted and cut seperately.....it was very abnormal.....it sounded like foil ....cursor very randomly everywhere on the bottom of smart screen.....what made me dig it?......It was Feb. and a 50 deg. day.....1st time out all winter.....I have been reading about small gold rings with stones....and I wanted one!!!!.......to my surprise it was a few more stones than I imagined. I never dug foil sounds before....till now....