Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A snake story for Kelly ...

SurfCutter

If you check the local DPW record from Easton Ma. you will find a very interesting note about the first time Prospect street was first black topped . the crew had been working that summer day and had stopped to have lunch . Well one of the crew happen to look up the dirt road that still needed to be tarred and saw some thing laying in the road ...as stated " it looked like a piece of stove pipe " :unsure:
So two of the crew took a walk up to see what was in the road , or to be more correct across it from one side to the other ...

After getting almost up to it they saw it move and found they were looking at a snake , ...BIG SNAKE !:surprised:
The head was stated to be as large as a shovel blade and the body reached from one side of the road to the other ... They did not engage the snake which and reared up and hissed at them before returning to the Swamp that this road passes through...The legendary Hocomock Swamp ...
Bill G.

n/t

I hear tell that down in South America, in the rain forest, that there are snakes that are thirty feet long...they will eat a cow, mule, or even people. There have been movies made with big snakes being the bad guys, snatching folks off a boat and eating them. Life would be so much simpler if Noah had not included snakes on his bill of lading when he loaded the Ark. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

like bears, wolves, and moose...exciting type of animals. I assure you that folks would rather read about an encounter with a bear rather than an encounter with a snake stretched out on a country road...in my humble opinion. Please do not forget to take some bear pictures when you run across one, OK? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

depending on the fear the observer has for snakes. I caught a 7 and a half foot Blue Racer-http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Coluber_constrictor.html-It bit me but is not poisonous. I made a pet out of it. They are constrictors

n/t