Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a sliver of veneer

david(tx)

in the summertime in the mid to late 60's,a bunch of us teenage boys from up and down the street would gather out in front of our garage and tell stories and jokes on summer nights,not on a regular basis but occasionally.
the wood brothers lived down the other end of the street and their parents mae them toe the line on the time they had to be home and my parents were a little more lenient.they were billy,larry and brian.

my brother george thought he could whup the world and liked to hold court and think that everyone had to take his crap,he knew different but he liked to be up on everybody,he outgrew this but it was a teenager thing with all the testosterone hanging around.

one night when it was still pretty warm in the evening we were there telling jokes and my old cat lucky was there,someone told a pretty funny joke and we were all laughing and someone pointed out that my cat was laughing to and it just made it that much funnier.he apparently was panting from the heat and it just looked like he was laughing.

my brother was sitting in one of those aluminium framed lawn chairs with the nylon webbing and listening to a story,we had an old chest just inside the garage with the veneer starting to peel away.my brother peeled a little section of it away before he sat down and was piddling with it.about this time brian wood start telling a story,leaning up against the front of my parents 66 bel air,my brother was about 10 feet away,listening.

while brian was telling the story my brother started picking at him by throwing little slivers of this veneer at him,spears if you will.then brian turned his head away and was continuing the story as we all listened.about this time my brother chunked one of these spears at him and when brian finished a word the spear landed between his lips as he closed his mouth,and stuck there.the place erupted in the laughter of about ten teenage boys,this trumped the laughing cat hands down,and afterword we speculated at the chances of that ever happening again,and to this day when i think of it i still laugh.

Things that happened in other folks lives are always of interest to me. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

a bunch of guys and gals, setting around a campfire and just shooting the bull and laughing. Some of my fondest memories are of such times.

[attachment 16950 campfire.jpg]

This was taken in Virgina a half dozen years ago when John Crag-right- invited me for a bit of CW relic hunting. We all got together up in the mountains for a campout and this is us setting at the campfire. We were out there shooting the bull until three in the morning. It is one of my most vivid memories of the trip. John is one of the best CW relic hunters I have ever met. One hell of a good friend too, although we have not had much contact in recent years. The memories are still with me..

[attachment 16951 campfire2.jpg]

Thanks for sharin the memories.

Dave

looks like you were stocked up on firewood,usually in a relaxed atmosphere you get your story straight and can even add a little flavor to it.:)

the chances of something like that happening again? I remember back in the days of when I smoked cigarettes, a bunch of us were at a local party. I yelled at my buddy to throw me a cigarette and when he did, I caught it in my mouth from probably 15 ft away, filter first. Without hardly missing a beat, I politely said, "thanks Mike" and kept on doing whatever I was doing.

Thanks for your post David.

Lil Brother:)

n/t

fun would it be to ALL get together? If it were anything like this fall at Mike and ALice's, we could guarantee a good time, for sure! :)