Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A REAL EYE OPENER,for me in the mail today......

warthog

Got a letter from Blue Cross of Michigan,stating my premiums for my supplemental to Medicare insurance will go from $40.42 per month in 2016,to $197.91 per month,starting January 2017....:surprised:......Now,I can afford this,thank the Lord,but:HOW MANY OUT THERE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE NASTY HIGH PREMIUMS AND EATING,OR GETTING THEIR MUCH NEEDED MEDS???Marcia and I have it pretty good regarding our income,but LOTS of folks we know are on Social Security,and making MUCH LESS,already just getting by.And now this $150+ rate hike on top of that??Scary,indeed.......

Yes, you and Marcia are blessed to have the money and be able to pay for the increase! My COPD med's deductible has increased already to where I haven't refilled for this year and am not taking it and other meds now, but I do need my antidepressant as I can tell I am not thinking very clearly without them....I have clinical depression and it is inherited on my mom's side of the family but I will make it with Jesus! Too many meds aren't very good for anyone anyway, as drs seem to hold stock in the pharmaceutical companies and over prescribe them for many ppl...my dad was a walking drug store and died at 71.....I, like too many others, live on very low SS Income which makes it difficult to pay all the bills and never got a raise on SS this year, so even more difficult with less money but price increases for most things! May God Bless that you won't have to take very many meds and feel okay without them! :angel: Ma