Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question for those in the know:Magnet fishing......

warthog

WHERE do I get a magnet that's ready for 'fishing', ?? Can I buy one, make one?? I seen tutorial on youtube about taking the magnet out of a microwave, but Marcia vetoed the idea of stripping out our microwave in our kitchen we use every day:shrug:...…..Down the street, is a bridge going over the river, lots of folks gather to fish...Last week, I spied a pair of sunglasses sitting on the bottom, someone leaned over and away they went: cool:...There's no feasible way to get into this river to wet detect it,.BESIDES, there's some BIIIG snapping turtles in there, probably leeches, BIIG black water snakes, etc…..:sadwalk:. I have always had a thought of staying away from them, since I caught a small snapper years ago while fishing, and I THOUGHT about trying to get the hook out of his yap. I changed my mind when I reeled him in......ANYHOO, I'm looking for a good magnet to use for 'goodie retrieving', when metal detectors are not an option. THOUGHTS?

fishing one can find goodies in old dumps (small ones). We have gone over 30-40 old railroad dumps & got goodies. I made my magnet using rare earth magnets a friend gave me. But the internet has tons of them for sale. Steve in so la

I found me a disc neodymium magnet,2-1/2" diameter in a holder, 255 Lb. pull,with a screw-in eyebolt for the top and a 50 foot length of paracord, FREE SHIPPING!!, for $27 bucks. Will get it by next Wednesday....I have watched and AM watching some of the videos on YouTube as to some of the things found (One guy found WW2 rifles, another pulled a Thompson (Tommy gun), out of the river where he was 'fishing'...…….My FIRST retrieval will be them sunglasses in the river on the bridge down the street from me, and WHOM KNOWS what else??? Thanks, Steve, for steering me in the right direction!:clap:

Snappers won't bother you, leeches don't eat much, and water snakes taste like chicken! :lmfao:
On a serious note just remember our water snakes are harmless.

Rattle snake is delicious with cajun spices ----------tastes like rattle snake steaks--------------:rofl: