Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Question for Monte and anyone else with Ideas.

LuckLarry

I have been using a "4X7 DD EXCEL COIL DFX/MXT " for most of my city park coin-shooting, with great success I might add. I think one time you might have told me the dimensions of this coil are a little different than I usually type it. Anyway my question is, only those whom actually own the 5" coil and this coil. Having tried the coils side by side do you think I would find any advantage and if so enough advantage to justify buying a 5" coil for my MXT? I realize that this kind of question is very subjective, not only to one's seriousness level in the hobby, but also to each persons personal value of a $200.00 dollar bill. I am hoping for some general horse sense here, but good old debate of fine points can also be fun.

As always,

These are BOTH exceptional coils that performed quite well on several MXT's I've owned. I decided to borrow a friend's DFX for a while and work with them a little on it and am supporting the same conclusion I had with the MXT, or with any other similar pair of coils.

Both of these DD coils will appeal to people a little bit differently. I have known many hobbyists who will not hunt with a 4" or 5" coil on their detector because they have in the past and they feel 'uncomfortable' due to the smallish size as they look way down at the en of the rod. These are the people who never learned the merits of the smaller coils and appreciated what they can do.

On the other hand, I also know many who prefer something like a 6

Thanks Monte!

I think I will just keep playing with the 4.5 x 7 for now. It is indeed my favorite at the moment.

P.S. and now I need to figure out how to access E-Mail on the forum. The Adventure continues!