Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A PRETTY AMAZING FIND!!!!!!!

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I was detecting with 5 friends last week when I stumbled upon a find that still has me shaking my head. We were searching an overgrown semi wooded area. After finding a bracelet partly exposed in the leaves then another one I figured I might just be on to something interesting. Well that thought soon came true as I started removing piece after piece of jewelry, coins, and many misc items from the dirt. I dug these items for two hours, went back the next day for another 1.5 hours and then spent 2 hours cleaning and sorting. It sure was fun finding all of this and sharing the adventure with my friends. In total there are over 160 items including at least 4 gold rings, a gold ear ring, gold ear ring back, and one gold filled ear ring. Also 3 silver rings, 3 silver ear rings, and a silver bracelet. There are several vintage jewelry items and the rest of the jewelry is mostly costume. There were 11 Mexican coins 7 of which are half dollar sized or bigger. This stash/cache of jewelry and misc. items is a find I won't soon forget. Top pic is about 90% of the items found.
[attachment 328282 IMG_1888.JPG]
[attachment 328283 IMG_1889.JPG]

That is insane. That is unbelievable finding that much stuff in one spot. Congratulations that is just crazy.

Wow! That is amazing Mike.

Yeah...Congrats Mike! I can't imagine finding that much stuff in one spot. Makes one wonder how it got there in the first place? Amazing!

Congrats Mike! I hope it wasn't stolen from someone's home and then dumped to not get caught! We can find some nice caches that were hidden for keeping but this seems quite unusual! My brother had found a few nice items down the road from him, when ppl were evicted from their homes and the contents were dumped on the road! Many others got there first, so no telling what he would have found! One item was a pair of silver earrings with cut out design on dimes! May your blessings be many and Happy St. Patrick's Day a little late! Maybe you have the luck of the Irish? I have Irish in me because my mom's family had come from Ireland during the potato famine! :angel: Ma

I agree Ma,looks like it could have been stolen loot...........maybe the Christian thing to do would to be inform the police of the find.

Maybe one has done so? Maybe the Police were there when found? Maybe we should not assume? Maybe it has nothing to do with being Christian?

Sorry Mike it was'nt supposed to sound like it did.You probably have informed the police like any right minded person would have,it is unlikely that it would be claimed but if it does belong to someone just imagine what all that must mean to them.