Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A pounded, beaten and left for dead public area grants me my second 1700's coin!! 1787 Horned Bust Copper

JimmyCT

I can't believe this place. How can it be beaten for 40 years and these coins have been missed? I am mystified, baffled and surprised!
There is something about this Multi-IQ working in iron.....
It is my belief the true key to unlocking beaten sites is to go slow. FBS / BBS slow.
Tonight I wasn't there but an hour and running Park1, 50 tones, "all-metal" 0-iron bias, recovery 4 and sensitivity set at 24. I had slight difficulty with the iron that was present but then it gave way to a nice high tone. It ramped right up and hit hard with a solid 32 TID.
Dug a good solid 8" and out popped this beauty!
My second 1700's coin in my detecting career and both found within weeks of each other.

Thanks Minelab! I am loving my Equinox 800! This machine is the true "see-into-the-iron-sniffer" !!

A special thank you to fwcrawford for being my life-line while being in the field. A simple text and he pulls his coin bible out and identifies my finds for me. What a great guy! Thanks Felix!!

Very cool, congratulations! I know the feeling of getting a large with this machine, but 1787 is awesome find!

Tony NJ

I've noticed as well.

I have a site that has an 1877 building, but the lot predates that as well with a VFW hall. The ground is packed and the water run off is amazing so the high front yard is always dry. My old f70 was quiet as a church mouse and I thought the yard was previously dug, but the Nox I picked up a year ago has proven that wrong and slow, deliberate sings have been the key to unlocking not so deep silvers and recently a civil war era Union Officers service dome button.

The Nox is indeed bringing sites back to life, but veteran tricks and MD skills can boost the Nox to greater heights.

Jim,
Thanks for the credit, but my part was easy..... finding that great coin was
the tough job!!
You continue to impress me with not only this detector, but your skill in using it!!
Very impressive results lately!!!

Great find and in great shape for the year I just downloaded a app for macro shots on my iPhone I’m able to pull dates no like never before!
Mark