Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A pounded, beaten and left for dead public area grants me my first half cent 1800-1808 and my first 1803 8 Reales :blink: :surprised:

JimmyCT

I can not fathom how this stuff has been missed. Heck, I even missed it with my other detectors! I know I keep saying it but this place has been blasted by metal detectors for 40 years! However the Equinox is proving itself and is sure sniffing out the goods!

I am soaking the half cent in olive oil but the one I found was produced from 1800-1808. (Thanks to fwcrawford for the ID "text" support while I am in the field :thumbup:)

Also found a couple IH cents and several wheat pennies as well.

Settings: Park1, 23 sensitivity, auto GB'd, 50 tones, iron bias - 0, recovery 4 and moved at a snails pace through the iron junk and nails. I know I keep stating this but go slow and you will be rewarded.

The Reale had several nails in the hole with it and maybe why other detectors couldn't pick it out? The Equinox was burping on the iron but I heard that silver loud and clear!

Tons of square nails as you can see. And yes, I got fooled but it was worth it when that Reale popped out!

Found this nice silver cross too!

Thanks for looking and sharing in my excitement!

Incredible work you’ve been doing in there lately EPL! One question for you, and for any takers....WHY 50 tone and not 5 tone? Is it simply PREFERENCE? Do you see any performance difference or ease of hearing something definitely good as opposed to a “good false”?
You just found 3-4 coins I’ll NEVER find! But I’ll get past it, I hope....:lol:

Hi IDX,
Thanks for your kind words.
I love 50 tones as to me, it is much more "telling" about what is in the ground and for me, the only way to run the Equinox for my kind of hunting. If this machine only had 5 tones, I could say with certainty I would not have purchased.

I would also like to say with 50 tones I can hear targets trying to climb up in tone. wheat cents and IH cents start out around 19-20 but they will climb in tone if you wiggle the coil right over the target. When I hear it slightly climb in tone, I'm digging.

The Reale? I hovered over that target for a good minute or two, maybe even 3. I heard the iron grunts and slowed my swing down and then wiggled right over the target. That's when that high tone clarified itself and stayed nice and steady. Even though I heard the iron trying to "steal" that high tone, its the "steadiness" of the high tone that told me to dig. Heck, those square nails gave me the same type of high tone and I knew I wasn't taking any chances lol.

Hope this helps - Jim

Nice work, and excellent finds.

Interesting site you have their with the hundred year plus time frame, you just never know what is going to pop out of the ground. Well done!!
HH Jeff

What a day of detecting you had, congratulations!

When the numbers climb I dig too.

Tony NJ

Spectacular ELP....... I find it very difficult hunting with sensitivity that high,everything sound good lol... climbing numbers ehh? Congrats on some super finds...

BHPA,

Thank you.
Everything does start sounding good. I am amazed at the difference going from a sensitivity of 20 to 23 / 24. Targets become alive and I hear deeper targets much easier.
Not climbing numbers per se, but climbing tones. Coming from the Sovereign yourself, you should understand what I am referring to. That's why I love 50 tones :)

bootyhoundpa said:
Spectacular ELP....... I find it very difficult hunting with sensitivity that high,everything sound good lol... climbing numbers ehh? Congrats on some super finds...[/quote

Great finds and what a silver!!!
Mark

Excellent ! Thanks for the post and pics.

Rich -