Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Pocketful Of Coin

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Hoping things are well in your' neck of the woods.
A couple of months ago I scouted a woodchip playground and determined it to be untouched by a detector.

This weekend there was an itch to dig a bunch of coins and maybe find a piece of childs jewelry.

Four hours and with a little more than half of a 40X100 area covered my pocket was bursting and body fatigued.
The original thought was to knock out the whole playground in one hunt but due to the concentration of coin and heat
there is gonna have to be a second venture. No decent jewelry surfaced but after about fifty dime finds there was a
thought "wouldn't it be cool that with all these dimes one of these children might have dropped a silver one."
Ten minutes later a 1963 Roosevelt shines through the chips lookin' like the day it was pressed.
The days tally: 217 coins at $20.60.
First 2oo coin day, silver coin in chips, twenty dollar day and maybe a few others.
It was a fun memorable day!
Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!
[attachment 165041 032.JPG]
[attachment 165042 045.JPG]

:usaflag:Nice...Is the James Madison a dollar coin or just a token?

Great score bud. That's the way playgrounds used to be around here years ago. Now there ain't squat in them as everybody and their dog has a detector.Back then I pulled over 300 coins out of one playground one day. I couldn't swing the coil without getting multiple beeps. Sounded like a convention of roadrunners.

Bill