Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A nice coin spill.....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Great day for a hunt. Had an exciting 5 Indian pocket spill at the base of a big oak tree in one hole. A total of 6 Indians and 6 wheats for the day, a Tootsie RR car, a smashed ring, and several misc. The pocket spill coins are a tad oxidized since they were together plus the fatty has nickel in it. Dates of the spill are 1863, 80, 82, 87, 88. Earlier in the hunt I got a sweet 1890 in beautiful shape. Wheats dated 1916-47. Must be some silver there somewhere.

Attachments

• 6i1.jpg
    6i1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 6i2.jpg
    6i2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 188
  • 6i3.jpg
    6i3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 6i4.jpg
    6i4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 6i5.jpg
    6i5.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 6i6.jpg
    6i6.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 6i7.jpg
    6i7.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 6i10.jpg
    6i10.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 6i11.jpg
    6i11.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 6i12.jpg
    6i12.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 139
You are the man. It never ceases to amaze me on how many good coins you find. It pays to really know your detector. You and your Minelab get along great.
That Indian cent is probably the best shape one I have ever seen. It must have been lost shortly after it was made.

Great day for a hunt. Had an exciting 5 Indian pocket spill at the base of a big oak tree in one hole. A total of 6 Indians and 6 wheats for the day, a Tootsie RR car, a smashed ring, and several misc. The pocket spill coins are a tad oxidized since they were together plus the fatty has nickel in it. Dates of the spill are 1863, 80, 82, 87, 88. Earlier in the hunt I got a sweet 1890 in beautiful shape. Wheats dated 1916-47. Must be some silver there somewhere.
Never got an indian pocket spill...that is totally amazing....I can't wait to see your silver from that spot !
GO GET "EM
E L M Y

Congrats Mike--Very Good detecting & nice oldie finds! Ma

You have found a nice sought after 1863 IH penny!! And the 1890 IH looks like it was just minted 😳. Congrats on your little cache of IH cents!!

A single IH found here is a coin spill...... nice find!!!

Thats some nice spill Mike.My last spill with a Indian had a 1897 V nickel and a 1897 barber dime all stuck together!
Mark

Nice Finds Mike,Congrats