Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A New England "Roof ornament"!

Ron J

This Seagull had to be up to something,,,either there was food in the bed,or maybe on the seat.... I'am sure he decorated the paint on the roof,before he left..;)

we had, we also had a restaurant called the Lobster Hut. We sold fried anything in seafood and lobsters, clams etc. Anyhow, out on the docks we had live quahogs in a shallow tank with salt water pumping thru. Well from time to time a seagull would sneak down, grab one and fly up and drop it to crack it open. Usually on the dock or rocks, roofs what ever. but this day, a couple were sitting eating lobster at the picnic tables on the dock and this gull goes up with quahog in mouth and drops it. Well, sadly it land square on her head, and cold cocked her. She hit face down in the chips and shells on her plate. We ran out and the husband was trying to figure what happened. She had a knot on her head as big as a chicken egg I think. And on the side of her table was the problem, the quahog, and it didn't break. The gull was sitting up on the roof, with that goofy laugh call they have. Must of hurt like heck. We offered to take her to the hospital for a check up but she thought she would be alright. They came back again and again over the following years in summer but only took the tables with the sun awnings or ate inside. We kept a rotating piece on some of the boats to keep them off. It helped some but was not fool proof. Like you say, they can really mess up a boat, and the dropings they leave are very acid. Can kill a paint job real quick like. We used to feed them off the docks with our hands. Just stand there with a fish or whatever over your head and they would swoop down and take it....

Geo

he bought a new turck. It was a beauty!! One early morning, he worked nights and slept until about 3pm, I took some pancakes and broke them up. I scattered them all over his new truck and let the birds do the rest. By the time he got up the pancakes were all gone and there were "Processed" pancakes all over the truck. He had a fit but I denied knowing why the birds had covered his truck with crap:rofl:

those clearance lights are some sorta egg! :rofl:

n/t