Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A neat Christmas video................

Kelley (Texas)

This is sorta a different type of Christmas video...same Santa and reindeers, just presented differently. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

http://www.month2month.com/resources/swf/Rockin%20Santa%20Final.swf

My poor Roadstar is catching cold out in the garage. With the snow we have been getting, all i can ride is a plow truck, or the Loader! :D

I rode Sunday, but found out that I need to dress just a tab warmer. It was approximately 55 degrees and I was only wearing a light jacket...it was not very pleasant at times after you attained highway speed. If I have the opportunity to ride this weekend, I will probably wear a leather jacket.

I hear tell that your riding is over once winter arrives up there where you and George live. I suspect that if I was shut down for several months that I would end up reverting back to running over the neighbors trash cans again once I started riding again. It would be great if you folks have a short winter. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Funny, coming home from the bike club tonight, there were 9 deer all out in the road just up the street from me. With all the snow they seem happier to walk on the road then jump off in people yards and wipe out their shrubs. They sure didn't want to move out of the way, I was following them about 2 miles per hour then they moved off to the side. They were still in nice shape with good coats etc. Wonder if they were related to any in your video?.

They were racing snowmobiles on the track tonight. Tricky as we had just enough rain to freeze on the surface so its slick, then you hit spots and break thru...not fun. They broke up most of the ice after awhile and when I left they were all getting with the program and doing some of the big jumps.

NO riding here right now. All ice on the driveway and big snow piled up on the sides of the road, so no where to pull if you had to and lots of sand and salt on the roads. Not doing that to my bike and chrome. Another 3 months and I'll be able to fire her up and hit the highway again. I take you can ride there most the winter if you choose to right?

George-CT

Unfortunately, we will get lots of rain and folks will stay home on those types of days...roads down here get slick when it rains. Personally, I like it when it is rather warm outside, don't like cold weather. When I was riding horses back in the brush on cold days, I could always find a wind break and build a fire to keep me warm...can't do that on the bike. Also, at the end of the day, a good horse would know the way home and I could just sit back and eat a sandwich or something while he did all the work. :rofl:

I remember the time many years ago that I rode a horse twenty some miles back in the brush while looking for stay cows. This was a long two day outing and the weather was beautiful when we headed out in the brush. That evening, it started raining and the temperature started falling. I found shelter for myself and the horse under an overhead on a high ridge, but I had a heck of a time getting a fire started. By morning we had ice everywhere, so we headed home. That was one miserable ride home...thank goodness I had a good horse under me. Say, I probably need to post a horse story again...lots to tell, may be boring to some folks, but still lots to tell. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)