Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A lot of digging for nothing.....

A beautiful day. Temp around 30, bright sunny sky and all the parks and tot lots just waiting. So I went out to my favorite park, worked around the tot lot and found nothing. Went to the sleding area and got a good hit. Dug dug dug dug dug down through the snow. Picked and chopped at the ice. Finally my prize. A BRASS SPRINKLER HEAD.:goodnight:

Next time I go out will be in 20 days in Calif with my Bro. As for here? Probably mid March if I'm lucky.:rage:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder]A beautiful day. Temp around 30, [/quote]I'd hate to see a bad day.:rofl:

[quote awhitster]I'd hate to see a bad day.:rofl:[/quote]

Just saw the headlines in the paper today. So far (it's not over yet) we have had the THIRD worst snowiest winter on record so far this year. I think 1969 was probably the worst where the snow was up to the roof tops (I lived in Calif then and remember places getting flooded that had never seen water). Point being, it sure doesn't make for metal detecting. That's for sure. As my tag line says...........My numbers are low cause I live where it snow......

I don't see it as for nothing - I see it as now you know what's not there this time - and as long as you can get out this time of year and swing a coil - and have fun - that counts. Nothing wrong with taking a day in January for a little practice and machine check. :thumbup:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote awhitster]I'd hate to see a bad day.:rofl:[/quote]

Just saw the headlines in the paper today. So far (it's not over yet) we have had the THIRD worst snowiest winter on record so far this year. [/quote]Maybe if your lucky you will be there for a historic record beating most snow ever. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.:thumbup:

69 was horrendous here also. Buildings and factories caved in from the snow. There were eight foot waves on the Columbia River. Some cities in Oregon were completely isolated and they had to fly supplies in. The only highway open out of Portland was Highway 26 (even the freeways were closed ) so we loaded up and headed for Vegas and took highway 26 which goes west to the ocean. When we got to the ocean they closed the highway behind us, stranding hundreds of people heading for Portland and points beyond..

We drove down the coast highway ( which normally is open all year round ) and it was nothing but blizzards, wind, and ice. Took four days to get to Vegas. Got to Vegas and they were having the worst weather ever. Guys were getting blown out of the high rise I went there to work on by horrific winds. So we headed to Southern California and ran into the worst weather they had ever had. Everything was flooded including most of the freeways. There was pouring rain and water everywhere. That was one stinker of a winter.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]Styay in sunny Cal til mid March. :)

Bill[/quote]

Not so sure about that Bill. Awhitster tells me it's been raining a lot down there. SUN?? I sure hope towards the end of this month when I go down there the rains have stopped. I am looking forward to something other than white mold and temps below freeze.

[quote awhitster]Maybe if your lucky you will be there for a historic record beating most snow ever. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.:thumbup:[/quote]

That one hurt Bro. I would never wish a flood on you. Then again I don't need to. I saw the pictures of your driveway. :blowup:

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote Uncle Willy]Styay in sunny Cal til mid March. :)

Bill[/quote]

Not so sure about that Bill. Awhitster tells me it's been raining a lot down there. SUN?? I sure hope towards the end of this month when I go down there the rains have stopped. I am looking forward to something other than white mold and temps below freeze.[/quote]

You want something different. How about oozing mud and water around your ankles. Don't worry, the coils are water proof.

[quote John 'n' W.Va]
You want something different. How about oozing mud and water around your ankles. Don't worry, the coils are water proof.[/quote]

Not worried about the water John. Freezing temps and snow stop me. I can live with rain but then again.....I need something different. Like green grass and soft dirt.......

Yeah I hope it's nice and sunny for you. Nothing like leaving winter and arriving in summer. When I left Illinois in the winter of 1955 and arrived in Southern California I thought I had died and gone to heaven. :)

Bill