Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little early, but my finds for the last calendar year...

REVIER

It's not yet time for the end of the year wrap up for 2012, but I am going on vacation Friday and snow is predicted for Thursday anyway so I am done hunting in Kansas for this year.
I moved here to my new home state at the end of November 2011 and had my first hunt on 12-8-2011 so these are some of my best finds from that date to 12-8-2102.
Not only did I find all that you see below and much more, I count the friendships I have cultivated after joining my MD club right there at the top.
For those of you that hunt in soil like the beautiful kind we have here, I want you all to know how blessed I feel after changing my hunting grounds to this quality dirt from some of the worst in the country in my old home town of Birmingham Ala.
We call that Devil Dirt back there because of the heavy mineralization and the veins of natural iron ore that run through the area.
There is a huge difference in the types of soil that are in this country, and I for one will never take for granted the opportunity I have in my new state due to the quality soil and great history of this area.

Not only did I dig $330 worth of clad this year, a personal record, but my jewelry totals, (my prime targets), went way beyond anything I imagined.
Plus, but along the way I still managed to find 6 silver rosies, a few wheats with some going back to 1916, and even a dropped civil war bullet...all lucky finds since I wasn't even looking for them at the time.

There is so much more than what you see in these pics, but these are some of the highlights.
Record silver finds for me, and I am especially proud of my gold finds which is always my primary goal on every hunt.
I ended up with a gold ring that I can wear and show of to anyone that comes near me, and the wife has a few pieces she has picked out and wears also.

I think I have the jewelry stuff down pretty good, and next year I plan on concentrating on trying to get better at picking my sites and finding some relics and old coins like some of you are so good at doing.
This was my best year so far and I hope all of you had a great one too.
Next year I hope we all do even better!

These finds were made with the F2, (about 60%), the Compadre, (about 30%), and my Vaquero, (about 10%).

Wow. You did really good.

Thats a great mix of items, a real display of what a dedicated and skilled all around hunter of the metallics can come up with in a year!
Great write up, I was remembering some of your posts on some of those finds, and how it made me dig more zinc signals!. Great Job!:please:
Mud

Congrats on a great year. You're probably the envy of your club.

Now that's an impressive array of rings and jewelry! Here's to an even better year in 2013 :cheers: