Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A litle update here.

George-CT

Be glad when this month if over.... Got news again from Heidi's doctor. They don't think they got it all so she needs to go back in on Nov 18 for another biopsy. They listed her case as severe but early on. How it got to that in a short time I don't know. But she is ready for whatever it takes to get it fixed. That put a major damper on her good news of they hired her for a Outside contractor up at my son's base working on A-10 engines. Actually she is the lead person as most there have never worked on one, but rather just been to school for it and then only at Level 1. So they hired her in to oversee them. Not to bad at $28.34 and hour. Its a 3 month contract and is renewable for that base or any other as they are a big outfit. As it stands now, baring in more x factors, she will finish this contract in Late January and still be able to start school at UCONN, or she can renew and continue with them there or elsewhere. Why this was important to her, was she got a 20k dollar sign on bonus with she signed up with the Air Guard. If she had gone goverment contract she would loose the bonus as its called double dipping. So that part of her life is going as she had planned. The rest is one day at a time.

Saturday my buddy called, Gary, the one that flys out from Washington state, and his brother Vince, the one we were watching climb Mt McKinnely in Alaska. They got here last Sat night and his mom passed away Sunday. So yesterday was the funeral. She lived a full live and was age 92, so while sad to see her go, great person, at least she was surrounded by her family and friends. It was like old home week as it was all people I had grown up with, and many I had not seen in a long time. Once that part was over and the gathering at his brothers house, Gary just wanted to get away. He asked if I had a bike available and Heidi offered him hers.
so about 2:00 PM we headed out, just wanted to get away. We headed for the hills, state forest about 1 hour from here. We hit an area neither of us had been in and what a beautiful area. I wish I had brought the camera but will again shortly. You would think you were in Maine or New Hampshire. Just nice dirt roads, trout brooks and ponds, pines and very old Up-Down Sawmills dams and what was left of old grist mills. Beautiful area and a section of the state that seldom see's to many people as its very rocky, hilly and hard to hunt in. One thing to get the game another thing to move it to where you want it. But it gave Gary a chance to get out of what had happend so fast, out of his mind. We talked until the sun had set. He needed it he said, and I'm glad I was able to pass along how I had experienced it with both parents at a younger age. We have been life long friends and pretty hard to see a friend so troubled. He was very good to his mom and could not of done more for her if he wanted to. I remember many years ago we took her with us on a trip in his camper to see his brother in Utah and she traveled with us while we went dirt biking in South Dakota and elsewhere. She enjoyed the trip as much as we did. All of her friends had passed so it was all us kids who she kept in check when we were younger yet was as mischievous as we were. Fun lady who will be greatly missed.

So, ,once again, my non post were out of need from a close friend. Somehow we both talk each other throw hard times. After him, my outlet is here. Thanks for your ear and concerns over the years. Here we are in this world wide internet, but my port of call for good advice or a helping ear remains here.

George-CT

i truly hope that all goes well for Heidi. Thank you for update, we worry about our "family" of good folk here!

As everyone knows my mom is also 92 and is doing well so far but it is not easy knowing time is swiftly passing. They might have lived a long life but they sure don't want to turn loose yet.

I start at every late night call

Give her our best from the great white north, George..

Keep us posted on the prognosis.

Calm seas

Mikie

We also pray that things will get better for you, your family, and Gary and his family. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t