Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A list online,courtesy of Michigan's DNR.......

warthog

...They have an up to date list of beaches at State Parks that are fully open to :twodetecting: ing,partially open,and 100% CLOSED....(Burt Lake State Park is 100% CLOSED,I found out by almost getting myself arrested there years ago,for detecting.The ranger there told me about the MDNR list,'ignorance is no excuse' kinda thing.From that point on,NADA to:detecting:on the CLOSED LAKES,Duck Lake State Park,about 15 miles from my house and EASILY,one of the busiest near us in the summer,is 100% :thumbdown:NADA,to any detecting....HOWEVER,the parks' border ends where it flows into Lake Michigan under a bridge.Lake Michigan side is :thumbup: to:twodetecting:!!!!!!.Most all of the beaches farther North are good to go for detecting.Lots of city and county owned parks and beaches have their own rules......If the rules say 'NO DETECTING',DON'T make us all look like cretins by sneaking in there!......GET WET AND HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER,YAY!!!!

No! No :detecting: where there is no admittance to hunt for the coins...obey the rules and that way some parks will still be open or partially open to :detecting: :angel: Ma

Have you guys noticed their are a lot of out of the way small state parks not mentioned in Michigan , or state forest campgrounds that are not on the list either way ? Always good to call anyway . I did have a DNR officer at a small camp ground in grand traverse county ask me about the hobby and said he considered trying it himself! Then he said well theirs a lot of state land to search ! That was refreshing , but I still would only do the web site OK sites like campgrounds beaches and launches , just awhile ago a antrim county D N R officer was watching me in torch lake in that cold water and so I thought ! Better get out and go say hi to her I was glad I did she was a nice gal, it was a good ,

Wow! I sure hope you get a chance to hunt that resort, a hunting buddy found out about a private resort from around the 50 s a dozen or so small cabins on a chain of lakes, the county just purchased the place and he got permission to hunt it, he did very well found some gold and lots of change , then he let me hunt it , we want to go back this spring with are MX sports and look for deep silver its a little soft on bottom , the depth of the sport should help. I think theirs probably a lot of good finds in front of those resorts , some might not have been hit yet! How cool !