Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Lesson In Persistence

Arkie John

8 October 2005

This day began like all the others for the past week or so. Up before daylight. Fix the coffee and eats, dress warmly and grab the bow, hitting the door at the same time.

I was in the tree stand before shootin

You write an excellent hunting story...you might consider submitting this to one of the hunting magazines.

You scared me for a moment when the Tom Turkey was not where you thought he would be...I envisioned that somehow he might have gone off to die without being found. That has happened to me before and it is a sick feeling to have. Thank goodness you found him...and I am confident that your family are also glad you found him, right? That is a beautiful photo that you posted.

How many turkeys can you take during the hunting season there in Arkansas? Thanks for sharing such an interesting and enjoyable hunting story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

on a great day in the woods, a steady mind and hand and a fine Thanksgiving dinner.
I sure enjoy your Turkey hunt stories. Thank you!
Wayne

and thanks for takin me along!

Dave

the pictures always add so much to it!

Ain't nature great!!!

That will; be the first that we have had to hunt turkeys..They have been migrating up here and the conservation branch now figures that there are enough to have a hunt. Looking forward to it.

I love that name of your area... "Dead dog Road' Great story and series of photos

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

You sho nuff got me al fired up! I'm still after this buck over by my house, but I'll see ya Sunday afternoon. It will be like ol times again!

Nice story bro......you DID "put it on him!"

Lil Brother:clap:

with nature! As you grow older, your patients pays off! Gosh, how you reminded me of our daddy with this story!!! Made me tear up, but made me smile when I saw your photos and your contented, smiling, relaxed face! I love you, you know!

Great turkey!! And as daddy would say, that beard was pretty impressive too! Eat what you kill! Best rule ever made! No killing for sport,.........just clean up the woods after yourself and eat what you kill! How many times did I hear that growing up??? :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

I wrote fast and furious and it is evident with the abundance of misspellings.

I even got pictures to post!!! Unbelievable. Next, I'll figure out how to caption them. I'll figure it out someday. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm still looking for that good-sized buck. Thursday will be my last full day to hunt before going back Tuesday. Lil' brother and I intend to slip over to Dead Dog after church on Sunday to see what he can kill. I'd sure like to see him take a good bird with his bow.

Who knows? We may have another story in the making. <><

Blessings,

aj