Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A hunt of a lifetime.....Last part

Dan-MO

When we got back to the truck, I built a small fire and we roasted some hotdogs and washed them down with chocolate milk. My grandson said the hotdogs were the best he ever ate. I explained to him that all food tastes better when eaten in the woods or on the river. I also explained to him how lucky we were to see so many deer so quick into our hunt, and how proud I was of him for holding up so well-sitting quietly and obeying my instructions. I also told him of some of the shots I had missed over all the years I had hunted-some much easier shots than the one he missed.

I told him that even when I missed a shot-or saw no game-I still treasured the memories I had made in the deer woods-memories of hunting with my grandfather hunting these same woods with me. Later on taking his uncle (my son) on his first hunt in these same woods. I told him the secrete to a successful hunt was the challenge of matching wits with an intelligent animal on it

When that lone doe appeared and the boy was getting ready to shoot, I realized that I was all tensed up as if I was there with you two. I really liked this story and I am so happy for both of you. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

that was really a lifetime story Dan! What a memory for you both and thank you for taking time to relate it to us.

And it couldn't have had a better ending. You need to print this story off and seal it away with the other important papers you keep. One day he will find it and be able to be refreshed, knowing every little detail!

What a treasure. What a treasure. Thanks for putting it on the forum and letting us share in your special hunt.

aj

Any time spent with the grandkids is a good day... And to take them off hunting and commune with nature.... well, sometimes it cannot get any better,

Fair winds

mikie

He learned a lot of lessons on that day and killing his first deer was only one of them!! You dun good.

In those few short hours spent with your grandson, you gave him and yourself a lifetime of great memories! This was a Great story that a lot of are envious of. Someday, I hope I can have this kind of quality time with my grandchildren!

Dave

with my Dad in the woods and my 2 sons. I always enjoyed the hunt more then kill. I no longer hunt with the rifles, but still do with the camera. The hunts the same, just not all the work. We still have hunters that hunt here so I get a few pieces of that and I'm good.
Sounds like you and the little guy have a great bond there. Doing stuff like this with him just makes it all the better.

Beautiful story. Thanks for putting it up here to read.

George-CT

Dan please forgive me for not posting an acknowledgement to your post sooner I have to admit I have read this a couple of time through here at work when things are slow in the computer room here at night. The feelings that are brought forth are both bitter sweet for me in that I never had the chance to hunt with my Dad but was able to do a little fishing with him so I can relate to much of what you have posted . It then comes at least for me to be to easy to be lost in thought of ones own memory's and or worry of current problems to remember to take the time to thank the writer for their efforts ....

I can only ask at this point to beg your and others here forgiveness and try to be better in the future ...
Bill G.

We all get busy and I certainly understand the trials you are going through.And speaking for myself I get a lot of pleasure just writing and re-living the stories I write.For me it is a chance to re-live and remember anew memorable events that I have lived through.I sincerly appreciate the oppurtunity to post here. It is a real privilege for me to do so and I am truely grateful to Royal and Guv and others who make it possible to do so.There is no other site like this on the web.
From the first post I made here several years ago, I have been welcomed and treated with nothing but respect and have come to think of many here as very good friends-I hope they feel the same about me. Sometimes I worry that I get a little long winded and post to much-don't want to wear out a welcome. I get great pleasure just posting a story from time to time and if some of my friends get some pleasure from reading my jibberish....that makes it even better

No doubt he will do the same for his son or daughter as well. One hell-of-a legacy! :thumbup:

I have not been to this forum but once or twice although I will read more often now. What a great story.

friendly bunch here. We welcome new people:thumbup:

And tell your grandson that your internet buds are really proud of him as well. It's no doubt a difficult time for them but I can think of no better road to healing than some time in the woods with their grandpa. With an example like yourself to pattern themselves after, I can't help but be confident that the lads will turn out just fine. Hope to talk to you soon. Gonna slowly catch up on the stories here.........things are finally starting to slow down a tad. :thumbup: