Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A home made aquarium...............

Kelley (Texas)

A few minutes ago, I read a posted message on the View's Forum about seahorses. This brought back some memories of how we would put some marbles in a large mason jar, fill it with water, and keep a few small fish from the creek in it for pets. In the spring time, we would put some tadpoles in the mason jar and watch them grow legs.

Our favorite fish to keep as a pet would have to be small catfish, ones maybe an inch long. They would not live very long, sometimes as long as a few weeks. On rare ocassions, someone would have some minnows left over from a fishing trip and they would be given to us. The gold fish minnows were always the best ones to get, they would live a long, long time. We had one gold fish minnow that lived almost a year.

When I was about ten years old, I caught a small, green colored turtle at a small lake. Mother gave me a bowl to keep it in. I filled it with a couple of inches of water, placed a few large rocks in it...perfect home for the turtle. We bought some turtle food at the dime store for food. That turtle lived almost three years.

We really never had much luck with the water pets, with the exception of the turtle. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

brothers would go to the creek with the Carter boys and catch tadpoles, or even find frog eggs. We would keep them and watch them develope.

Then I will never forget, in the third grade, we had frog eggs,which look like a big gooey mess. My teacher wanted them put into two separate jars. She asked for volunteers, and I was the only person in the class to raise my hand. All the "city slickers" would never think of doing this. That day no one would play with me at recess, cause I had "cooties"! :lol: Kids can be so cruel sometimes, but the teacher really appreciated it! :lol:

Some people, when the kids get tired of them, release these turtles into the lakes of Victoria. There are so many now that in some places, they are becoming pests. I remember diving in Thetis Lake and seeing one the size of a dinner plate. :)

All the best

Sunny skies

M

...that reminds me of detecting last Sunday.We went to Jericho beach,looking for military buttons.We parked a few blocks away,and on the way to the beach,we noticed 4 rabbits.At the end of the hunt,we walked back along the trail.I WAS AMAZED I saw probably a hundred rabbits along the bushes.I imagine the thick brushes gives them good cover.I do not know if the locals feed them,but they were just running and sunning all over the grass areas.
later ojm

Only they were burrowing under the foundations and causing grief. Someone came by a few years back, with the blessing of the hospital administration, and shot a few. There was a pretty good uproar about that.

They could have solved the problem by releasing a mink or weasel. It would have killed a few and the rest would have fled.

clear water

m

We were going Kayaking and I asked Mary if I needed to go buy any beer.

Her answer was, "I only have one coke"

Now in a girls mind that was an answer to the question.

As a general rule, they have a one track mind...they can do one thing good, give them two things to do and they will mess one of them up.

Fifty years ago, women were not allowed to go fishing or hunting with the men folks, and now that the rules have been bent just a tab to allow them to come along, most women are in hog heaven and willing to clean the camp area, cook, and clean fish or game. If you play your cards right, you can even get them to clean the truck and boat after you arrive home.

Just remember, women were created to serve men...clean house, cook, raise children, wash the pickup truck, dig or catch the fishing bait, and any other chore so directed by the husband. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

remembering your wife's name. We are so insignificant, you know. Men still do not life for women to go fishing with them, because they catch bigger fish and deflates the man's ego! I really feel sorry for you all sometime! :cry:

I was wise enough to take my wife out in very rough water a couple times for a long days fishing. She did not want to go after that, but if i took off to the Ocean with my boat and came home smelling "fishy" i better have some on my stringer!:D