Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Great Vacation,.............. been busy......part 1

Ron J

while having a week off two weeks ago, been trying to catch up. That week had been planned awhile ago. My Niece,Judy, who with her husband Rod, visited from the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. They have been stationed there since Feb. Prior to that they were in Germany for a few years. Neither have ever been to New England, or ever met any family members, other than my Mom and Dad,and that was in 1989. My Mom passed away while visiting Judy's Mom during that last visit! Her mother,Lenora,(also since passed) lived in North Carolina,near Fort Bragg. My eldest Brother, Joey,was a lifer in the 101st Airborne,so most of Judy's family was raised there. My parents would stop there,on the way to Florida,for the Winter. In 1997, when my Father passed, we tried contacting any of them,but each had moved,or married. No trace whatsoever. About two years ago,my Daughter Wendy,who lives locally,got an e-mail from this Rod guy, asking if she knew me! Rod was tracing the family tree for his new wife,Judy! Needless to say,myself, and Al (Alsway) have been in constant touch,emailing pictures etc. So when they transferred back to the states, they planned a trip to Massachusetts. Judy and Rod wanted to meet us in person,and visit Cape Cod,where here Father grew up! They finally arrived on a Sunday. Al and i had tried to plan to keep them occupied,and we did! They like to fish,(fresh water),so Monday, Al took them out past Bakers Island,to fish for Striper's. They each managed to land a fish,but were not keepers. Only 27 inches,the limit is currently 28! So they came back empty handed,except for some great fish tales!! :surprised: Tuesday,i had planned a trip to Provincetown. Joey,her Dad,was born there. I wanted to show them the 3 house's i knew he grew up in,and wanted them to visit my Uncle's and cousins. I especially wanted to bring them to the War Memorial, with my Dad, Uncle, Brothers,and of course her Dads names,were engraved on. That morning we left at 5 a.m. in two cars. My Brother Al, and my 3 little grandsons in one car, Judy,Rod,and my daughter Wendy in the other. So down 128, to Rte.1, over the Tobin Bridge,thru the Big Dig Tunnels, and down Rte. 3 towards the Cape! Rod got a "crash Course" about driving in Massachusetts, trying to stay behind me! Got a cell call,cause they thought i lost them, never happen! [attachment 69708 Heritagemuseum002.jpg] Around 7 or so,it was Breakfast time! So i pulled into Joe's Diner just outside of Barnstable. Been there before,so we knew the food was good! This woke us up,and everyone had a good meal![attachment 69709 JudyRodProvincetown016.jpg][attachment 69710 JudyRodProvincetown012.jpg] Time to travel....The next stop i had planned was to visit Nauset Light, and the Three Sisters,in Eastham. Figured they would enjoy this stop! Pictured left to right,is Rod,Max,Nic,James,Judy,yours truly,and my daughter Wendy, with Nauset Light in the background.[attachment 69711 JudyRodProvincetown021.jpg][attachment 69712 JudyRodProvincetown023.jpg] Next stop Provincetown....at last! [attachment 69713 JudyRodProvincetown036.jpg] More to come................

what a way to combine the two. Bet you enjoyed the reunion:thumbup:
Pics really make a good story!

Fine looking bunch,,,,,sept for that grouchy looking old fart :D Wo Dat be???:rofl:

and very colorful names for places up there where you live...Barnstable and etc. Looking forward to the next part. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

guide such as yourself and Al, they were bound to see the most they could time permitting. Family always has a way of finding their way back to you and I'm glad they found you. Can't wait to here more about your visit! :)

n/t

n/t