Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Great Vaca... part 2 !

Ron J

Are first stop in Ptown, was to be the Town Hall for a couple of very important reasons. First, the War Memorials were located there,listing my Father, Uncle, and brothers, listed on them. WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Judy's Father Joey,is listed on two Korea,and Nam.[attachment 69834 JudyRodProvincetown038.jpg] [attachment 69833 JudyRodProvincetown040.jpg] Here is Judy,and Uncle Al while visiting. I've posted close-ups in a past post. Being in the Military,this was important for her and Rod to visit. Secondly, We needed to visit the Town Clerk, "Babe. " She had been extremely helpful providing information,and answering after research,many questions Rod, had asked her,regarding my families history! Rod wanted to meet her personally! They had many phone conversations between Germany,and cityhall! Of course,Rod didn't hurt her feeling too much,when she received packages of sauerkraut,directly from Germany either! :) While visiting Babe,in her office, we were introduced,and during conversation,turns out Al knew her husband, and other relatives. Most of the ol timers knew each other,or heard stories of ever body growing up there. Also during the visit,Rod wanted some copies of Death Certificates. Babe researched and located,and made copies. She made Rod's day,by letting him put the Town Seal of Provincetown,on the documents himself! Next on the agenda was my Uncle Clarence,and Cousin Mikes "Provincetown Welding Works". I have posted pictures of this place also in the past. Even though i visited here many times,there is always something new to be in awe! They are both extremely talented.[attachment 69835 JudyRodProvincetown049.jpg] Here is Judy,visiting Cousin Mike,and my Uncle Clarence,who looks real good for 92 years old! [attachment 69836 JudyRodProvincetown065.jpg] [attachment 69837 JudyRodProvincetown059.jpg] Spider anyone?[attachment 69839 JudyRodProvincetown062.jpg] We had a terrific visit. My Uncle and Cousin were thrilled to meet Judy,Rod, Wendy,and of course, James,Nic,and Max ! Next stop...Uncle Anthony's!! Rj More coming soon...........

Those family get togethers are great.. Looks as though a good time is being had by all.

Fair winds

Mikie

n/t

How far does your Uncle Clarence live from you? Do you visit him very often? I am looking forward to the next part, interesting vacation story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)