Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Gotcha if you are not careful . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

Not admitting anything but let's say "John Doe" was out hunting today and things were going along swingingly . . . . then signals started to dry up. The display was looking good, GB numbers looked good . . . . . then as the sun was drifting lower in the sky and the shadows were falling, "John" glanced down and notcied that the coil light was not flashing . . . and sure enough, the little "NO COIL" message was flashing on the display . . . . . running with TX = 3 and the temps in the teens, ol' "John" had forgotten to recharge the battery in the coil . . . . . well, it was time to call it a day anyway :stars:

Moral of the story . . . . it's easy to recharge after each hunt and sometimes you lose track of how much run time you have between charges . . . I'm sure "John" won't make that mistake . . . at least for the next month or so :rofl:

As Homer Simpson says . . . . . "DOOH!"

homer-doh-square.jpg

Andy "John" Sabisch

Don't worry John er Andy, I did the same thing a couple of hunts ago. It's the lightest machine on the market so at least you er John wasn't worn out tired LOL

I guess my question is how much depth extra are you really getting pushing the TX to the max? im hearing minmial and not worth the chance of losing your charge.

Mike

You are correct in that there are posts both ways . . . and as many of us have seen, sometimes everything on the Internet is not the gospel truth.

As far as boosting the TX Power to "3", it depends on the site - mineralization (bar not number) and target content. If the conditions allow, TX = 3 will give you a tad more depth and to be honest, it does not kill your battery that much quicker . . . if it lasts 12 hours versus 15 hours, as long as you have it charged, does it really matter that you lost 3 hours of use . . . . probably not.

The thing that got me has been working on the book I have been turning the Deus on in the house checking programs and settings at the computer and I simply forgot to throw it on the charger after spending the weekend inside.

The thing I urge anyone to do with the Deus is take it to the field and find a faint signal . . .then play with the settings real time as you sweep over the target and see what makes the signal cleaner or more pronounced at that location . . . . it takes a few seconds and you can find a slight shance can make a huge difference.

At the site I was at this afternoon, the site has been hit hard and is a lot in town . . . marking signals and then checking them with other detcetors, there were two that turned out to be good that the E-Trac and CTX 3030 either did not see (in one case) thanks to a carpet of nails from the house that had burned or 2) read the target as a low 20's which I woudl likely have passed up and it was a Wheat cent. The TX of "2" gave a signal but weak - it was clearly better in TX = 3.

Andy

Thank you Andy that makes better sense of things..sure would have been tough digging a 20 ID target tho for me..but im learning still. :)

AIRFORCEMIKE said:
Thank you Andy that makes better sense of things..sure would have been tough digging a 20 ID target tho for me..but im learning still. :)

Mike

What I meant was that the E-Trac registered a "20" while the Deus gave a tone assigned to upper coins . . . . .

Andy

I always have my battery with me in my carry bag. It will charge a smart phone 4 times or the Deus control unit, backphones and a coil at least TWICE.

PryorCreekJoe

I have an emergency charger and the car charger with me but with less than 15 minutes of light left, not wirth digging them out ..... prettty mud soaked by then anyway