Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A good day with alot of (1'st )for me

deadheadwillie

[attachment 26898 gooddayatapark.jpg]I got to go check out a local park yesterday.(1'st time I went there).I got to test my new sunray YF-1.(1'st time).[attachment 26899 ACE250SUNRAYYF-1.jpg]I had a good day at the park " and then school let out".First of all I found a unreadable wheat penny (so-so but it's a start).Next I found my (1'st)silver cross over by a swing set,"wife laid claim to that allready".Then we went across the stream to the other side of the park.this is where I found my (1'st V nickel)a 1910.Now Im really stoked.At the time I did not know that this park was even that old,but it is.Not the park itself but it was a stop on the old stage coach line.Neat fact to find out(huh).Now I want to find out where the rest of the stops were at.Anyway back to the hunt.Now school lets out ,everyone is getting off work,and now the park is becoming a little crowded " for my taste anyway".When Im about ready to call it a day,I get a strong hit.There about 25 feet from where I found the V nickel,I cut about a 3in plug about 4in deep and there laid my(1st ever Mercury dime).[attachment 26900 1stmercurydime.jpg]I know that dont sound like much to you all,But for me it is.Man,I let out a holler,as my wife is standing there trying to make me shut up and remind me that we were getting a audiance.So I call it a day .What I realy call it Great Day.What yall think of this (1st timer) at my (1st park) and my (1st finds).Man am I excited,I cant wait for the next weekday early morning when I get to do it again. Sorry that the pics are not that great.And by the way the monkey was my very (1st keeper).I really like the Monkey.[attachment 26901 ourtreasure1.jpg][attachment 26903 parkfinds.jpg]

Looks to me like you done great. Silver always excites me and I've been doing it for over 40 years. You need to hit that place often as I'm sure there's more where that came from. Great finds.

bill