Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A "Golden" surprise!!!

Sgt. Silverman

The last month has been pretty tough between being sick for two weeks, closing some Goliath deals at work, a baptism in MD (up and back last Saturday in the same day. Note to self: NEVER DO THAT AGAIN>>>) the death of a friends wife and Al's been watching some friends kids this week. In a nutshell: I've needed to get out.

Al was great and told me to head out today for a few hours which I did. I went to my original homestead location which yielded lots of iron junk. After an hour and a half I split and was a little aggravated. I really wanted to go to the bottle dump today but for some reason I talked myself out of it. So on the way home I passed our church and there wasn't a soul in sight. My pastor gave me carte-blanche to search the property any time I wanted to. So, with a sigh, I eyed the tot-lot and said, "What do I have to lose?"

Well, as you can see by the pictures, I'm glad I talked myself out of going to the bottle dump! I finally landed my first GOLD ring! 10k. It has a Panda on it and looks like a little girls ring. I called my Pastor on the way home to ask him if anyone had lost a gold ring and he said "No". He thanked me for checking and I told him that I was going to hang on to it so if someone does come forward I will give it back to them. He doesn't think it's anyone from our church since the community uses that lot and his words were, "Someone from our church would have let us know, but just hang on to it just in case." I feel kind of bad for the little kid who lost it actually. It's a pretty nice ring for a kid to have.

Needless to say, It was a VERY productive day at the tot-lot! I'm starting to really see the potential with these tot-lots, and after the day I had I have to say, I'm pretty hooked on them now! Thanks for looking and God Bless! Greg

WTG and Congrats Greg! Maybe put a blurb in the bulletin to see if anyone has lost one. If they did they can ID it first. Finding a gold ring is awesome but returning one is priceless. I have returned 9 rings the last 3 summers and it never gets old seeing those smiles and sometimes tears of joy. Can you post a close up of the front of the ring?

Mike, yeah, great idea on the bulletin. Cruddy thing is our friends wife who was in charge of the office and the bulletin is the one who died two weeks ago. My pastor is trying to run the show until he can find someone who can work in there full-time. In the meantime, I'm going to put something up on our bulletin board which is near our lobby and hopefully we'll start having a bulletin again. I would much rather return it to be honest. I think it would not only bring joy to the child who lost it, but it would be a teaching opportunity for my children as well.

Per your request, here are the pics Mike. The ring on the left is my wedding band used for comparison.

So far 2013 has been awesome! First Gold, colored glass, first CW bullet, possible meteorite (I'm sending in a sample this week to the Arkansas Center for Space and Planetary Sciences at the University of Arkansas). Take care my friend and have a Blessed Sunday!

Greg

At first I thought the small ring center piece was a 'Gold Panda' coin but the lack of printing around the panda figure leaves room for doubt of it being a gold panda. That doesn't mean it's not gold; just that it's likely made to look like a gold panda. None the less, it's a wonderful find and congratulations are in order. I hope you don't find a 'made in china' inscription on the inside somewhere. It certainly looks like you had a great day detecting. The weather here is slowly getting warmer and I'm looking forward to getting out one day soon. The trade winds, of the south, may not have my name on them but consistent warm weather surely sounds inviting.

After I found it Martin I searched high and low for a "MIC" something or other. The only thing printed on the ring is the 10K stamp. I agree with you, I think it was made to LOOK like a Panda gold coin... but it's WAY too small. Nice little ring nonetheless.

I pray you can get out soon. I also hope you are feeling better and you are in our prayers. God Bless my Brother in Christ and have a peaceful Sunday. Greg

Congrats on all those finds!

Lisa

Hey Mike, I think you're right! I didn't clean the back side very well and when I did after reading your post I noticed that there's a symbol of a temple. (Not sure if you can see it by the pic.) On closer examination I can see a date on the coin, but it is mostly covered by the ornate band, but there IS writing. I just measured the face and it is 3/8" wide. I looked up 1/20th of an ounce and it said that it's 1/2" so I'm not sure on the 3/8". 1/25th possibly? Although, it could be a fake too. On the reverse I can see the words "COPY 1983" at the bottom below the temple. I know the ring is definitely 10K but now I'm not too sure on the coin. Any help would be appreciated.

I just told Alissa and we both agreed that there is some poor girl somewhere missing this coin. I will let all of you know if I can track down the owner. This is one of the best-worst feelings I've ever had detecting! I'm excited to have a great find, but bummed because I hope I can track down the owner now. Prayers please that I can locate the owner. Thank you everyone!

Greg