Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Garrett 1500 target ID question

Killerb6

Just purchased a slightly used 1500. When I bench tested it, the target ID, size depth, etc. was pretty accurate. However when I got say a quarter or dime in the 10-12 inch depth, the target ID changed and the size indicator indicate a big object instead of a coin sized object. Is this normal? If so, better dig those 10-12 inch soda cans!

Hello Killerb6,
You have made a very good choice for a coin detector. The air testing that you are doing is great, to get used to the sounds. I have used this detector for a couple years in the past. The 1500 imaging was accurate to around 6 to 7 inches in my ground. I could hunt with this detector all day, no weight problems. Just remember that the imaging is ONLY as accurate as you make it. You have to be centered over your target correctly. I would receive the most accurate by centering over target and keeping your swing speed the same while imaging your target. In my dirt where I hunted, I would never have to worry about a dime at 10 to 12 inch depth, because it would not see it. It would see a can at that depth and image correctly. I think it is a good coin shooter detector but great with the imaging. Don't forget to dig signals that are bouncing around on the I.D, that tend to stay in the same area on the meter. These will be your deeper, older coins that some of us look for. This detector is no different than most, as the I.D. will not lock on perfectly on deep coins. Once you learn this machine, then you will really like it. If you have any more questions, ask away, cause there are some good folks on this forum that will help you. If you can pry them away from the AT Pro questions: :surprised:
Good Hunting,
Clyde

You have one of the best coinshooters in the industry but accuracy on readings begin to poop out beyond 6-8 inches. The coil has one transmitter and two receiver coils. That little receiver in the center doesn't have much muscle for picking up deep coins and centering the target correctly is absolutely crucial with a GTI. You can use the signal strength indicator to aid you in this. If you are off just a tiny bit the GTI will ID a quarter as a cent. Wiggle the coil around gently and the ID will change to quarter. That's how touchy and finicky it is.

Bill.