Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A find too late.

Dancer

My brother hunting with his Ace250 yesterday dug up a engraved Zippo lighter. He was hunting the site of a torn down house of a family we knew. The lighter had "Vietnam Nam 66-67. A woman's name and the name of the serviceman who he knew. The man had died from Cancer about 5 months ago. He returned it to the mans son for his mother. This house has been torn for over 20 yrs and my brother just started hunting last fall. Kind of funny how some things turn out.

Yes...Sometimes things 'appear' to work out strangely but, when we realize it was all in God's timing & for His purpose that it worked out that way, it takes on a different look & feel. Maybe...just maybe the son is seeking answers that only God can give and only your brother can lead him to the place he needs to be? Food for thought.

n/t

I lost my Viet Nam engraved Zippo a couple years after I was out of the army, I lost it while trail riding on my first Triumph motorocycle.

n/t

A good find and brings back to mind..I have a Zippo lighter I had engraved when I was in Vietnam. On it was (on one side on the lid) "Patricia" (on the bottom half of the same side) "I love her more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow" (on the lid of the other side)"Cam Ranh Bay, Viet-Nam 70-71" and on the bottom half is: "I fear no evil for Thou art with me, Thy Rod and Staff comfort me".

Will try to post photos when I can. I married "Patricia" after my return from Vietnam. We were married for 18+ years and had 2 sons (a couple miscarriages along the way). We parted ways and won't go into why. I don't smoke a pipe any more either. No idea why I still have this lighter. Anyway, great find.