Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A fin"d" day in the park

ace250hunter

Me an the ace hit one of the local parks again today with surprising results the best digs yet. found a 1942 liberty dime, 1948 wheatie, and a commemorative token from the launching of Roosevelt DDG aegis class destroyer from engils ship yard in pascgoula Mississippi. I made these Finds in the Mobile area will be going back tomorrow and hopefully have pics of todays finds tomorrow to post also happy hunting.

There are two types. They're not really re-punched over-dates but the mint took a die with 1941 and used it to make a 1942. The one is obvious with the one in the middle of the two and the other has just a tiny bit of the base of the one sticking out fromunder the base of the two. Congratulations on the finds.
HH

Nice finds. I found a 1942 some time back but it wasn't the 2 over 1.

Sadly mines not the 2 over 1 either but maybe today lol. I found these coins on the slope where a swiming pool was built I didnt think the pool was built in the fourties but having found 2 coins from the 40's maybe it was. THis slope is a good area to hunt no trash it all washes down but the coins are heavy enough to stay put.