Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few words of good advice,from the Warthog,for any and all in Deep Snow Country..........:surprised:

warthog

A little ways from us,there is a house that HAD a real nice enclosed porch on it.I say HAD,because sometime Sunday night,it collapsed from the extreme weight of the snow accumulated and not cleaned off,from the last month.Pulled right out of the front of the house,and CRASH!!!!.I don't have to add what would have happened if there had been a person or people out on that porch when it fell.........

Everywhere we drive,we see MANY homes that have AT LEAST TWO FEET of snow and ice piled up on roofs,.We have some almost that deep on our garage and carport in places,but we have a roof rake and have gotten a lot off of these roofs..It is much worse on the roof of a heated building,home or otherwise.It gets warm,starts melting,and them freezes again,Lord knows how much that melted/frozen mess weighs after a few melting/ freezing cycles......

Add to that more snowfall,the possible hazard becomes a full red alert.WORDS TO THE WISE:GET YER ROOFS CLEARED,ALL YOU IN DEEP SNOW COUNTRY!!!Buy a roof rake (round $40-Pricey,but how much is roof and interior replacement???),get yer family,friends,neighbor,ANYONE to borrow one,or help you out.Handymen services will do this,Mike from on here does this,I believe...I really don't have to add here that if your roof collapses on any building and someone other than a family member gets hurt or worse,liability city,and the homeowner is in the crosshairs,baby.:sadwalk:Words of advice from the Warthog:CLEAN OFF YER ROOFS,BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT.....:shocked::thumbup:

I offer roof clean off as a service in my business.

Never having lived anywhere near snow this was a bit of a revelation to me.

It is totally logical that it could happen, but as we don't have to think about, then we don't.

Cleaning leaves from the roof is something I know a bit about.

Thanks wgsteve for the good advice....we haven't had it that bad, as yet, and usually the snow melts completely off in a few days but I remember years ago when the ice and snow stayed on for 2 to 3 months and with a temp of below zero for many days! BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr! Glad we haven't had cold winters like that for quite sometime! Thank You, Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma

Yeh, leaves used to be a big problem for me until I had new guttering with leaf relief put on to keep the leaves from filling and stopping up the gutters! Sure made it easier on me, physically and financially! Our God is good, for He gave me wisdom and helped me financially! Amen! :angel: Ma

n/t