Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few recent finds - $0.71

SeattleALE

Here are a couple nice ones I scraped out recently. All were Explorer II finds. The Franklin was at six inches, ankle deep in water, and under lots of nails and glass. The X-1 was really helpful in pick it out. The others were all from sidewalk repair jobs. Love those sidewalks! It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

HH SeattleALE

Nice finds, sidewalk repairs are a great place to find old coins. So is road repair if it's in old parts of town.
HH
Jerry/Oregon

Very nice find there Seattle and looks as if you had a great time out. Not sure abut you but I know I don't plant on giving up my II or my XS anytime soon. From what I see the oldies are still producing. WTG and Congratulations

Dude great finds! Isn't that Franklin a proof?!!! I'm not sure if you're familiar with the term, but your half has an S mintmark, and the coin looks like a proof to me. Yes, it has to be. Congrats!!

[quote Nate in Ohio]Dude great finds! Isn't that Franklin a proof?!!! I'm not sure if you're familiar with the term, but your half has an S mintmark, and the coin looks like a proof to me. Yes, it has to be. Congrats!![/quote]

This was made for regular circulation. www.coinfacts.com if you need to check

Great finds though! You can't find a better way to total 71 cents on the day! :)

Water finds come up covered in black silver oxide. Once I check the date and know that they are not particularly valuable, I run them through electrolysis and give them a rub with baking soda. This is something you would never do to a valuable coin but for ones like these, they wouldn't be much fun to look at all covered in crud. Here are some before and after water finds from the other day...