Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few pictures from this past week...

George-CT

Spent most of the week working on my favorite hobby, Motocross track. We were the first race this year in New England. It usually has the most riders as they all have cabin fever so a good one to catch. Down side is risky weather, with chance of snow, lots of rain= MUD, and just getting the track ready. It stillhad frozen areas the the start of the week. Each of us brough in our equipment and skills and attacked the track like a bunch of animal.....We finsihed it Friday night, and were racing on it the next morning, Saturday with and Open Practice follow by full bore racing Sunday. As we had hoped, big crowds, 509 riders on the start line.

Will attached a few pictures to show you what I do in my spare time....

#1 All the gear to get it ready.....
#2 same gear with roller...
#3 back pump house jump by the river. We pump to our sprinkler from the river all summer to keep the dust down. With 3 pumps in 1/2 hour we can make the entire track major wet.... Right now still a lot of water in the ground as you can see along the sides of the track...
#4 this is what we call our triple jumps. Really they are 3 jumps but the Experts make them all in 1 shot, 110 feet... I have some shots on here of them doing it.
#5 Part of the reason we have less parking. Some of these rigs are huge to transport one or 2 bikes. Then again, its a family affair now for many.
#6 Coming off our back board jump on a hill...Makes a nice jump, a good launch off the top will put you at the bottom....

I'll attach the rest of some of the jumps in the next batch.....

Do these get the throttle hand to twitching Wayne... ?

George-CT

China, save your money. We have had a few of them up at the club and they don't stay together.... Your right on the prices being right..
If they get a little quality into them, they would do well..... We have had a few of there smaller bikes also that the kids bring up. But once again, they don't take a beating and keep running...

Yeah, the track is alot of work, but most of us are old riders trying to stay in the game someway, so we build a decent track and ride throught the younger riders. Right now we build a track that any decent motocross can ride, but come fall we change it over to just the club guys and make it death defying leaps. We have a few guys working on complete 360 back flips.... The Freestyle guys are nuts..

Geo-CT

of a 6 track loop here in New England. We hold 6 motocross events a year, along with the others you are busy racing just about every weekend from spring to fall. This was the first race of the spring series. We get $30.00 a class, $20.00 if the pre registra by mail, and $10.00 to come in as a Spectator or Pit Crew. We only charge at our 6 events, 1 Turkey Run ride in the woods of 80 miles, a few Road rides for benefits for someone hurt or cancer. We are non profit so we give the money away after expenses.

If you want to check out our web site go to http://www.cccmx.com Thats what I do in my spare time. I've been dong the web site for about 10 years now....

George

n/t

Worth it to keep the kids busy, and out of the house from TV! Great Community Action!

in the greenhouse that i built by watching Willy and Royals mistakes;) [attachment 122891 stirring.gif]

n/t

I notice you have not. Of course I have to admit that ours would not have looked very good if not compared to Mikes :D