Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few more pictures from out snow day at the horse barn.

George-CT

The horses still prefer to be outdoors. One the snow stopped it was really a nice day at about 33 degrees and no wind. Thats like spring right now here. These are all rescued horses from around here for one reason or another. George-CT

goats with the horses? We are thinking about getting a couple, to help clear our back acreage! Are they much trouble? Is this your farm? You board mistreated horses? That is very good of you! We only have one horse, but many are rescued around Arkansas, just because people will not take care of them. The reason we have the one was because someone gave him to us. I wanted him just to keep him from being put down because the previous owner was "tired of him". Hmph! Great owner, huh?

Thanks for the photos! :)

That thing was a pain in the arse! I could not keep it out of the flower beds, no matter what I did. I used hot wire and gates and it did no good.

I finally put a small piece of lead behind its ear and that controlled it just fine.

n/t

They get into everything. She really had to work to fence them out stuff. They chewed up a saddle on her, ate the wires off her generator for some reason. They are cute for sure. We had them here for awhile and if you stake them out in the pucker brush and don't feed them much they will eat it down pretty good. Feed them well and they don't eat much brush. Mine were good at eating poison ivory off the stone walls, I'll give them that. Their mistake was finding it funny to run up and butt my wife azz over bandbox. She wanted to try out her new .357 S& W on them, but then there is the decent burial thingy. . Ours were big Nubian's. Might of gone 50 lbs so they hurt. The family down in the city I new were looking for something to celebrate 3 Kings Day like they back home. I was glad to be able to offer them dinner. So much for goats. I did have a pair of pygmy goats I liked. Pretty sure the coyotes got them as they came up missing one day.

Geo

Thats how we got a lot of pets over the years. My kids would bring home anything. goats, sheep, peacocks, ponies, pot bellied pigs, turkeys, chickens of all sorts, rabbits, To many horses to count, cats, dogs, parrots, conures, parakeets, guinea pigs and I'm sure some I forgot about. Once it got named it was a pet for ever.

George

chickens a name, then I had to set a plate for them on Thanksgiving and Christmas.....I really like chicken being I don't eat much meat anymore after the bypass yet I've never eaten one of my chickens. They are allowed to roam the farm and locked in at night. They live a pretty good life actually for a chicken. There main threats here are coyotes, racoon's, fisher cats, weasels, hawks. They keep one on the ground and the other one looking.

Geo

I know that the horses up here much prefer to be out during the day... no matter what the weather.. If it is snowing, they just hide out in the trees.

At night, they come up to the barn and sleep.

Calm seas

Mikie