Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A few coins on video....

bazooka

This weekend I dug my deepest coin in 4 years and got it on video too. The first dig is my hunting buddy Anthony (Klopek) who just got his SE the day before. This was his first silver since 2007 I believe. We don't get silver much around here so we get pretty excited about it. :) My coin was over 9 inches deep! You can read about the entire hunt here.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i20.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/therschbach/041109vid.flv">

Another great example of a sweet deep coin hit.

Bazooka...I have watched this many times now...just to see the reaction on your faces....classic deep coin grin:clapping:

That is what it's all about. I still react the same way each and every time I'm lucky enough to dig a silver coin. The excitement of hearing that probe sing is priceless...and turns me into a little kid for a few minutes.:wiggle:

That is a sweet video man!!!

The fun you two were having said it all. When I watched it...the last part of the video started skipping...but the first part with the silver coin was cool.

Thanks guys, I was starting to think noone liked it.

Deep, I sped the video up at the end while I was digging the deepie so it wouldn't get too boring watching me dig. I had intended to take out the audio and replace it with something else, but got in a rush and forgot.

Cool Tim I didn't know you posted this.What an awesome way to start with my new machine. I can't say enough I LOVE MY SE!!. I know there is many more to come!

Great job on the video and silver, bazooka! Keep 'em comin man!!

Great video Bazooka. Thanks for sharing. Love those deep coin hits

I plan on making a few next month when I take my detecting trip to Minnesota with Michelob AKA Cousin Mike

Nice video and totally a good learning tool to hear that sound. It's distinctive! A suggestion...I use a Preadator digger and the total length is about 9" or so. I watched you dig and struggle with the last few inches and it looked and felt familiar. I found a solution for me. I bought a digger, stainless steel and about 18" long. It's narrow and very strong. When I get down in the hole as far as you guys I just grab the long digger and I can much more efficiently dig deeper than the length of the Predator. I dug a memorial at 12" the other day. I measured mine and put depth lines on it at 10 and 12 inches. I got mine at Rodenator.com. I think it was $27 and it's worth every penny. Allows you to do a deep narrow hole rather than a large hole that you make bigger as you need to go deeper. I am not affiliated with Rodenator at all. It's just a specialty shovel they had made for their product and it works great for detector digging. I have tried others that look similar but when I put the leverage pressure on the sides, they bend and they shovel part of the digger is way too wide. Thanks for sharing. Might be a good tool for those who have the deep targets and don't want to make large diameter holes. Jim