Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Fallen Hero...

Ron J

Last week, a Local Beverly family, lost a Son. A Fallen Hero.... Army Spc. Stephen Fortunato was killed in Afghanistan after returning to his first day of duty, from his current leave. Oct.14th to be exact. The Military Vehicle he was riding in was destroyed by a roadside bomb. The blast killed two other American Sons... Stephen was only 25 and proud of Serving his Country. Steve was a member of the 1st Infantry Division. The City of Beverly, (Massachusetts) rallyed together to honor Army Spc. Stephen Fortunato in a special way, deserved of all who have fallen in this never ending battle. Steve was the first Military casualty from Beverly since Vietnam! I guess my city has been fortunate in this respect. There was a Police motorcade that delivered his body from a nearby Airbase to Beverly. The Family had a private viewing on Thursday, prior to a public viewing at Beverly High School, where Stephen graduated, not too many years ago. There was a large turnout. The local Cinema on Cabot St.(the Main downtown area) even had condolences on their Billboard. [attachment 108530 100_1383.jpg]Local business's lowered the Flag, and also posted condo lenses on letter signs if they had one. There is also a FULL Billboard honoring Stephen on top of C&C auto parts. This Friday morning at 10:00 the procession started down Cabot St, from the funeral home. Started with a Police motorcade, followed by the Peabody Firefighters Bagpipe Band.[attachment 108526 100_1363Large.jpg]Behind, followed a horse drawn Caisson,with Stephens flag draped coffin, surrounded by an Honor Guard. [attachment 108527 100_1367.jpg]The schools let the students out to line Cabot St., with quite a few holding American Flags, along with many Beverly Residents. The procession came right by our Nissan Dealership,[attachment 108525 100_1360Large.jpg] so i and others got to view the Procession.[attachment 108528 100_1368Large.jpg] Not a peep out of anyone! [attachment 108529 100_1371Medium.jpg]Just Silence as the procession crawled by. Even after it was almost out of sight, people just stood there in silence for a few minutes before dispersing. Each disappearing back to school or work,thinking of what they just experienced. Each with their own sorrow, own thoughts of why did this have to happen? Yes, all those Soldiers you see on T.V., the numbers who have been killed, are real people, REAL HERO'S. Each is someones son or daughter, some are Mom's or Dad's themselves. What is worse? Loosing a Son or Daughter, or leaving a Fatherless/Motherless child? A question i never want to answer.... I SALUTE YOU, Army Spc. STEPHEN FORTUNATO!:usaa:

Stephen Fortunato is a hero that gave his life for his country...he does indeed deserve to be saluted and honored, and not forgotten. Semper Fi. Kelley (Texas) :( :usaflag: :usmc:

but they are celebrating and honoring his duty and sacrifice, as all free people should.

To bad we lose these fine young people so young. Imagine the difference they might of made after that came back home. I
can only hope that I never have to endure what his family has in their lost of their son. Thank you for your service.

George-CT

A very moving tribute from the heart of a city.

Calm seas, fair winds, sunny skies

Micheal

a change from the Nam vets.

It is great to see so many honoring him