Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A fair question.-----Anyone here try the Edge and the Xterra 50??

Gort

If so which do you feel is the better detector? Both are at about the same price point and both are light detectors. So I think this is a fair question.

thanks in advance

I own an Edge and Xterra70. I have owned the Xterra50. The X50 didn't GB very well in my soil. The X70 has many features and that is good. I will be using the Edge with a 5" coil until Minelab can make a small coil. I like the Edge so well it may become my primary coin machine.

I have owned both machines and still own the X-Terra 50. To me the X-Terra does a better job with the target ID and pinpointing and seems to be a little deeper. The edge seem to run smoothly and operate fine it just did not seem to go that deep or have very good TID. I would go for the X-terra.

In addition to your comments, I also found the small icons in the LCD of the Edge very difficult to read when hunting. Another thing I did not like about the Edge was the delay factor when pressing a program button. And finally, I didn't like not being able to make adjustments to the preset programs. I find the X-Terra series to be much more user friendly in the field. JMHO. Randy

But stock coil for stock coil when hunting old sites I'll go with the Edge every time.

Tom