Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Different

Bayrat76

Max was a Airedale we had when I was a little Kid. My father loved that dog more than life it's self. The dog got to ride in the front set, and we rode in the back set. Max was the normal Airedale when wet would stick the whole house up. He was a really big Airedale for the breed. It was a race I think sometimes has who got in more trouble around the house, my dad with his drinking, me with wondering off in the woods with the dog,or Max for pulling off the clothes on the clothes line to lay on. My mom had no easy chore with the three of us. Well one day my dad was at my grandfathers drive inn visiting with him when old Max saw a coon going across the Hwy and took off after him at a dead run not paying attention to my dad screaming at him to come back, just as he got to the far side of the road a car hit old Max. The car went right over the top of the dog rolling him under the car. Max was laid out. The car had knock the dog smooth out. My dad and grandfather got the dog back to my dads car and he took the dog to his office and checked him out. There was no broken bones, but the dog was scarped up and he had broken one of his front fags or k9 teeth { the long ones} . Well old Max limped around for a couple of days not doing much and all of us worried about him. Well a week or so went by and old Max was getting around a lot better. Well my Dad loaded Max in the car and took off. They were gone all night, my Mom was pissed she knew he was out drinking with his buddies. She always told us he was tending to a sick person that needed his help, but as little as me and my two sister were we knew he was out getting drunk with his buddies. Well that night my father stayed out all night coming home at the early morning about sunrise totally smashed and with the dog. Well when we got up the next morning my Mom was making us kids breakfast and Max smelt the bacon cooking so he came in the kitchen, Max was begging for some bacon when me and my two sisters noticed something different with Max, he had two gold fangs. When we told mom about it she didn't believe it at first till she called Max and looked for herself. Well my Dad's office building was shared by the local dentist, and a good drinking buddy of my Dad. They had started drinking and got to talking about Max with the broken tooth and one thing lead to another Max got his teeth capped. Well old Max was the talk of the town for quite a while. My Dad carried peanut butter with him and would put in in the roof of Max's mouth so he could show off his gold teeth. As I grew up here in this small town people would ask me about it, old timers always laughed about it and some of the other stuff my dad and his buddies pulled. Max was a center peace here and still is in the hearts of my family.

n/t

2 good bottles of that Canadian whiskey. Could you imagine sitting in that chair where a dog was getting worked on the Friday night. Think what the Health department would do today.

You know has all of us have grown up and the times then and now, and what you could get away with in the 50's and 60's. They would hang a person now.

n/t

I enjoyed reading this funny story about Max...especially the part about his gold teeth. Thanks for posting it! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

n/t

Hey Bayrat,

Your story wins the prize my friend! All the better that it's true.

We humans and our pets!

I'm looking forward to your next one.

Thanks for a good laugh,

Cupajo