Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Different Sort Of Gold

C. Nyal de Kaye

We have been away again. My wife wanted to go to one of our old gold haunts, but I was not feeling all that good, so we went to a spot we had heard about, but had never seen.

Arriving at the caravan park late in the afternoon we were surprised to discover that it was "closed for the winter and maintenance." The manager let us in anyway. As the park was closed we were the only people in the entire place. It was over 200 acres so we had a bit of room to move.

The first morning we ran into another inhabitant, a six foot Tiger snake just lying (standing? sitting? what is the right word?) there watching us. We left him alone and he did likewise.

We explored the local quite attractive country towns and started to enjoy ourselves. We even found an Op-Shop (charity shop) so my wife was very pleased about that and we added a few dollars to the local economy.

However the idea that there were 200 acres of caravanning/camping area all lying there vacant soon awakened our naturtal instincts: detecting.

We couldn't resist having a good swing of the coil and so we asked for permission. It was granted with some enthusiasm, I am happy to say. And so off we went.

Here is the result ....

[attachment 274666 GoldCoins2.jpg]

There is $428 in that little lot. We also found two nice silver rings, of no real value, and the usual collection of junk, great piles of it.

We think that we may go there again as we covered only a tiny portion of the park. We can't help but wonder how many more dollars are laying there just awaiting us.

Congratulations Mr. De Kaye. Indeed you did well. There's something about forgetting about time when you're digging good targets.

Thats outstanding! Man! Staying at a campground all to yourself and racking up those kind of numbers is about as good as it can get! Plus a big snake for excitement!
most of us would camp out for the rest of our lives for numbers like that.!..:clapping:
Mud

n/t

camp with no others around and have all that acreage to hunt for lost items, coins and whatever?? Hope you can go back and do some more :twodetecting: and find lots of coinies adding up to huge totals! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Thanks for all your comments folks.

It was good fun, but I ended up with a sore back having dug hundreds of targets, possibly thousands.

The amount of junk I recovered was amazing. It included 72 fishing sinkers, 10 tent pegs and exactly one million bottle tops/pull tabs.

Whether or not we get back there is hard to say. It is not an area we usually go and is seven hours drive away.

We'll have to wait and see.

That is a good day. Like Mike said five dollars is a good day here.