Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A crumbling old house.....

Dan-MO

Hi everyone,I hope everyone had a great Christmas.As I visited with lots of relatives over Christmas my mind went back to the Christmases of my youth.I was raised next door to my grandparents on a farm and was very close to them.I wrote this tribute to them.It isn't that good,I havn't written much for several months and am a little rusty.

The old place looks tired, its roof sagged and bowed.
And it may just collapse,next time the wind blows
In the eyes of a stranger,it

I , unfortunately, did not get to know my grandparents... They lived pretty far away and visiting entailed a large expense in both time and money, things we did not seem to have much of in those days :)

Your poem shows the love you had for your grandparents.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

What a touching poem. Dan, I know they would be so very proud of you!

Not just for the poem, but the way you carry yourself as you become the lead-by-example guy that you are.

I really miss you thoughtful insights. I hope you'll be crankin' a few more to us soon.

Thanks so very much for giving me something really special, today. <><

aj

Your talent is covetous. Please keep on, I truly enjoy reading your work.

Ihave seen many out west, some far out in a huge pasture, setting empty, not even a drive running to them and always wonder what memories are now gone. Who's dreams are bound to that home amd what of them are lost They all started out as someones dream.

I got a few pictures I would like to post of some when I get back home.

Thanks for the reminder

What memories you must have, can ya share some more with us?

Happy New Year!

Dave

I always wonder what it would have been like to see all these old home places when they were in their prime with the hustle and bustle of everyday family life. I see a lot of these old places and try to stop when I get the chance.

I remember my grandparents old house on Pine Street in Benton when I was a boy. I'll always remember the old swing on the front porch that I always played on. The house burned long ago and has been rebuilt, but nothing like it was. Arkie even detected it once or twice many moons ago.

Thanks for your poem. I am glad to see you on the road to recovery. Happy New Year my friend.

Tom:)

be rusty at all!!!! I know how hard it is, first hand! I will never forget the last time me, Johnboy and Lil Brother left our old homeplace for the last time. Right now, the man that bought the house and property did not have it 6 months before he went bankrupt. He had a car dealership on part of the property, but for some reason kept the house. It stands all vacant now, from everyside, it has asphalt all around it, just sitting there all lonely and neglected! I try to avoid going even close to it, and it's hard, because it's not but a couple of blocks from my office!

But, our memories are still with us, and we can tell the stories that will be passed down from generation to generation!

Your poem was heart felt and beautiful! :)

got me the old house numbers that were glass for me to shadow box! And Papaw and Nanny's feather bed, who could forget? Love you, Sis

That's great writing Dan, no rust there. Made me sad because of the memories it brought back but it's very fitting at this time of year. Thanks for sharing it.

JB