Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A crumbling old house (Repost-trying out new computer)

Dan-MO

Happy 4th of July to all my forum friends! It has been quite a week here.A couple of days ago lightening hit my phone lines and fried my computer and every phone in my house.I had hundreds of photos,stories,and poems I had written that were (foolishly)not backed up.I will try and retrive them from the old hard drive-not sure if I can.I did have some of my stuff on backup and I wrote this last Christmas.This is my first post on my new computer-still learning it is much different from my old one.

The old house looks tired,it's roof sagged and bowed
And it may just collapse,next time the wind blows
In the eyes of a stranger,it

And the pic of the ole' home still has a sweet melancholy to it. Kinda reminds me of the old talking tree in a kids fairy tale. Weathered but wise ! Thanks for that post. Left me feeling the way I like to feel. Hope you're able to retrieve your past work. I'd sure like to read more of it.

Rob

happen at our house. Our ground wire coming in from the pole rubbed against our electrical wiring and did some minor damage. The only thing it really fried was my CD/radio player! We had surge protectors on everything else, so we were spared! Scott had just bought a new flat screen TV for the den, and was panicking for a moment, but we were lucky! It did melt all the surge devices, though and we had to replace all of those!

Did your house insurance buy you new phones and a computer? I hope you can recover all your files! Your stories are wonderful and your poems are too!

I don't remember reading this before though, and I've been on the forum almost four years now? or maybe three! Wonderful heartfelt poem dedicated to your grandparents. The old homeplace is still alive and thriving in your heart! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! :)

You need to see about getting that one promoted and published. It is simply beautiful.

As for your saves in the old computer, you might have to enlist the aid of a techno guru down at the 'puter store.

Your prose and poetry are wonderful blessings and CANNOT be lost!

Thanks for sharing this facinating piece. I'm so glad you decided to repost it. Ummmm-umm, it's really somethin' special--and so are you. <><

aj

It is wonderful Dan!!

I see those old homes and think of the love that was in them. I remember seeing them out west, way out in some field and not even a drive leading to them any more and think, that was someones dream house at one time. So many dreams and probably a family or two raised there and all forgotten now.

Those things and times should never be forgotten!!

Thanks for the post!!

This poem reminded me of my Grandparents home...we sure grew up in the best of times. Sorry to hear that your computer got fried by the lightning, with the loss of your great stories. Dan, thanks for posting this poem. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)