Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple questions about the EDGE

bigholes

UPS man brought my Edge and accessories late yesterday. Assembled it, and went across the street to a local elementary school. Only got to hunt for about 1 hour, and about 1/2 of that time spent learning how to navigate through the menu, and experimenting with different settings. Like what I see so far, though not impressed with some of the build quality. I often use the expression that you shouldn't wrap diamonds in newspapers, and I think it may apply here. ---- As a second issue, I really think that they should put more effort into the users manual. ------------- So if you are using the unit in a Factory Preset mode, ie, New Coins, or Old Coins, does the "Discrimination" circuitry have any effect, or is it nulled out when in these settings? ------Notching, - If you run the discrimination up to about 20, and notch the "nickels" does it add them back in, or is it only for removing different segments? Can you pick more than one segment to add in, or take out, at once? (like the F2), ------ Sensitivity, is it also preset if using a FP mode, or does it remain manually adjustable? ---- Ground Balancing, --- after setting it in the AUTO mode, can you fine tune manually? ---------- Depth of Target, though the owners manual I recieved with the unit does some doubletalk on the issue, I have read in user reviews that 99 means near or on surface, and depth progresses like this, #80, mayby 1 or 2 inches deep, #60, 3 or 4 deep, #40 about 6" deep, etc. From your experience, is that somewhat correct? ---------------- Found a couple Jefferson nickels yesterday, and the ID was right on between 10/12, found a dime at about 29-30 if I remember correctly, and must say that it hit the coins nice and hard. (3/4 inches), with sens @ 9 or 10 in clean ground. I was using the smaller (5-6" coil) I like to run as hot as possible, ignoring falsing signals, and checking out the good signals. ------ the All metal puts my brain into overload pretty quickly, though I do sometimes use it to veryify a target. --- Any help would be appreciated,------------ Thanks!

bigholes said:
UPS man brought my Edge and accessories late yesterday. Assembled it, and went across the street to a local elementary school. Only got to hunt for about 1 hour, and about 1/2 of that time spent learning how to navigate through the menu, and experimenting with different settings. Like what I see so far, though not impressed with some of the build quality. I often use the expression that you shouldn't wrap diamonds in newspapers, and I think it may apply here. ---- As a second issue, I really think that they should put more effort into the users manual. ------------- So if you are using the unit in a Factory Preset mode, ie, New Coins, or Old Coins, does the "Discrimination" circuitry have any effect, or is it nulled out when in these settings?You can use disc and notch tohether------Notching, - If you run the discrimination up to about 20, and notch the "nickels" does it add them back in, or is it only for removing different segments?No it dosnet add back in Can you pick more than one segment to add in, or take out, at once? No just one notch at a time(like the F2), ------ Sensitivity, is it also preset if using a FP mode, or does it remain manually adjustable?It remains adjustable ---- Ground Balancing, --- after setting it in the AUTO mode, can you fine tune manually? Yes you can adjust---------- Depth of Target, though the owners manual I recieved with the unit does some doubletalk on the issue, I have read in user reviews that 99 means near or on surface, and depth progresses like this, #80, mayby 1 or 2 inches deep, #60, 3 or 4 deep, #40 about 6" deep, etc. From your experience, is that somewhat correct? Youre dead on---------------- Found a couple Jefferson nickels yesterday, and the ID was right on between 10/12, found a dime at about 29-30 if I remember correctly, and must say that it hit the coins nice and hard. (3/4 inches), with sens @ 9 or 10 in clean ground. I was using the smaller (5-6" coil) I like to run as hot as possible, ignoring falsing signals, and checking out the good signals.Yes that 6 inch coil works great good depth and allows sensitivity to be run hotter ------ the All metal puts my brain into overload pretty quickly, though I do sometimes use it to veryify a targetI use the all metal in clean ground in open woods to get the deper targets. --- Any help would be appreciated,------------ Thanks!
Good luck with it its a great machine and a ddep seeker once learned

Thanks for the good info Keith, so far I'm liking the Edge, and am hopeful it will be a keeper. -----------