Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of recent Quattro finds.

dragonsbreath

Found these at a dig recently
pity the silver roman denarius has been hit by the plough.
Its Septimus Severus 199-211 A.D.....Paul.[attachment 33415 romancoin001.jpg][attachment 33416 romancoinreverse.jpg]

Also this silver heart.[attachment 33417 silverheart.jpg]

Dragonsbreath. I think it's a very special find to detect a denaris. Lot of history behind that Roman coin. I also like the silver locket. Just a question, what number reading did the coin give you, and how deep was it? What sensitivity did you run to find it? Are the coins bronze?
Angela:)

In reply to you all
The roman denarius is"pure" silver and read out as 24 no copper mix to take it up to the 30,s that we all look for today.
I always hunt in all metal and manual sensetivity as high as it will go without falseing,if gets noisy reduce sensetivity as you will not lose much in the way of depth.
The recovery time in all metal is very quick unlike in other factory settings where it is quite slow.
I find that the Quattro will work very well under electric pylons unlike a lot of its competitors....
If you realy want to dig the goodies at extreme depth then dig all two way signals even if they register as minus numbers....i have had good items found at the limits of discriminate depth this way from minus five to zero.
The denarius was only five inches deep and gave a very sharp dig me signal. my sounds are ferrous rather than conductivity. a personal preference.
A good friend of mine has set up a programme using the accept mode only and accepted all modern and pre decimal coinage plus all of the gold and silver jewellry he could find.....quite amazingly he now finds very little trash......works well for him.Angela manual sensetivity number used was 18
Regards to you all Paul.