Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple of nice surprises

JimmyCT

Where I went on this trip I have hunted many times with other machines and wanted to see if I could pull out any additional coins. Well, the Equinox certainly did not let me down. The IH Cent and the Merc were heavily masked in iron and gave horrible and inaccurate TID. Audio wise the targets were slightly fading in and out BUT the tone wasn't bleeding out like iron does for me. The merc wasn't too deep (around 3-4) but the IH cent was deeper and closer to the 7 inch mark. This was a very valuable learning session for me. Tones might waver and target ID became useless but the target not audio NOT BLEEDING OUT is what told me to dig. The wheat pennies are from 1915, 1917 and 1918 and were relatively easy to find. TID on these early wheats were 19-21.

Equinox 800 settings:
Park1
sensitivity 23
50 tones
F2- O Iron Bias
Recovery - 4
Very slow coil speed
1904 IH.PNG
1917 1918 and 1915.jpg
merc.PNG
IMG_9924.jpg

Got to listen to those tones. I pay more attention to the tones than anything else especially deep targets like 5" or more.
Just last week I was hunting this area that we had completely hunted out, I mean completely! Went back in there and found a wheat Penny down 9" by just listening for a good tone.

That’s a hole lot of coins for well hunted spot. Nice work

Where I went on this trip I have hunted many times with other machines and wanted to see if I could pull out any additional coins. Well, the Equinox certainly did not let me down. The IH Cent and the Merc were heavily masked in iron and gave horrible and inaccurate TID. Audio wise the targets were slightly fading in and out BUT the tone wasn't bleeding out like iron does for me. The merc wasn't too deep (around 3-4) but the IH cent was deeper and closer to the 7 inch mark. This was a very valuable learning session for me. Tones might waver and target ID became useless but the target not audio NOT BLEEDING OUT is what told me to dig. The wheat pennies are from 1915, 1917 and 1918 and were relatively easy to find. TID on these early wheats were 19-21.

Equinox 800 settings:
Park1
sensitivity 23
50 tones
F2- O Iron Bias
Recovery - 4
Very slow coil speed
View attachment 2899View attachment 2900View attachment 2901View attachment 2902
Great finds Jimmy thank yu for explaning what you found out