Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A couple more floating beauty's to see...

Ron J

I believe this is the "BEAVER II",used as the "Boston Tea Party" reenactment,in Boston.She has just come off the skids,prior to her new sister,being refitted.She is being guarded by Sea Gulls! :D[attachment 50843 GloucesterMass053.jpg]This other vessel,appears to have been an early C.G. cutter,or WWII patrol boat.She has unique lines,and beauty.Heard she has twin diesels.As you can see,the paint is slowly being stripped off,for some serious woodworking,but definitely worth it. Owning a vessel of this size is rather expensive,just to maintain,let alone paying for dock space,if you can find it.I would guess,the owner of this vessel,has a good friend,or maybe some kind of deal with the Heritage Center,to be docked at their pier. When you are charged by the FOOT,for docking,your wallet better be fat!

That is a beautiful old wood boat...I would love to drive one and see what it was like. It looks like someone could live on that boat. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

how close you are to the Harbor. If you were up river,about a 25 minute ride,at 5 mph,No Wake zone,a little less.Plus depending on the size of boat,you may need to wait for two different bridges to open for you.One is a train bridge,so if a train is due to come by soon,the bridgetender will make you wait. If no train is due for 30 minutes or so,he will leave it open. If you are fortunate enough to have a mooring,it will be less money. Even then to drop a mooring,it could cost $1500,plus permits. Then it needs to be checked for safety,(Rusty chains)every two or three years,by a professional. There is usually a 5 to 10 yr waitlist for a mooring in Beverly or Salem Harbor! The Harbormaster will charge you a yearly fee,just to stay on the list! ($50/$75) And the boating season is basically June to Sept. For diehards it could be late April to October. With a mooring,now you need a tender,and a place to keep it! (The real season is July to September) In Winter,you need a place to store your boat,if its to big to trailer yourself. Dig Deep! I have a 25' pontoon boat,that clears the bridges,although it gets within inches,during a flood tide. I dock it at my house,but need to work around tides.I have about a 2 1/2 hour window before and after high tide to get in/out. You get used to it! The ice has melted from the river,and a neighbor has already put his float in. I could put my float in soon,and drop the pontoon in around late April,but we still get some pretty good winds through May,so i'll stay patient till maybe mid May or so.

n/t