Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A boys first rifle...............

Kelley (Texas)

One of the old photos being scanned was one of my Son, Dennis, shooting his first rifle. My Father took this photo of me teaching Dennis how to shoot a rifle. I had given this rifle to Dennis...a Marlin single shot .22 bolt action rifle. He still has the rifle.This was at our ranch in Gonzales County, Texas.

A few hundred yards west of this spot was where a wild hog came out of the brush and charged me a year before this photo was taken. Wild hogs can be very dangerous to both man and live stock. They will tear up a pasture during the night by eating the roots of the Coastal Burmuda grass. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

they are priceless, obviously you and Debbie kept a camera handy. There were so many times i wish i had.
Wayne

had a camera ready...like you, I was never much interested in taking pictures at that time. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

you look like the Marlboro man!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

those memories are the best ones to keep around!

Dave

I was on Cody Road just around the corner from the "white barn," as the Carters called it, when my Father and Arkie picked me up in my Dad's spankin' new 69 GMC.

I had been wanting a new Crossman pellet gun that year, but din't much think that I'd get it. I sat in the middle of the long brown leather bench seat between Daddy and John. There beside me was the pellet gun that I had always dreamed about! I was in hog-heaven!

What I didn't know was the fact that Daddy had a brand new Marlin lever action 30-30 sitting between his left leg and the door. He let me go on about the pellet gun,until finally, he got tired of hearing about the pellet gun, so he pulled out the 30-30. I almost immediately forgot about the pellet gun.

I killed my first deer that week---a 5 point buck!

Lil Brother:)

...that I had forgotten such a GREAT event. ( I must be gettin' old [shut up Linda :punch:]

but thanks to you I have a "refurbished" memory. I can see Daddy grinnin' from ear to ear donchaknow? <><

Johnboy

Wish I had taken a few when I taught my son to shoot.These days,he could teach me a thing or two when it comes to a rifle or handgun.....the old eyes aint what they used to be and the hands not so steady.We have a little shooting competition every once in a while....He cleans my clock with the rifles and handguns....but when the shotguns come out and we shoot the clays....the "old man" still teaches him a thing or two!

was when I was about six or seven, and daddy stood behind me squatted down with his arms around my short ones to help me aim the gun. I remember we were shooting at an old barrel we had on the old homeplace, that we used to burn trash in. When I pulled the trigger, the thing kicked the heck out of me.

Daddy asked me if I wanted to shoot it again, and with tears in my eyes, I said, "Yes, sir!" "That's my girl," he replied grinning from ear to ear, and we shot it and shot it and shot it..............................

I remember my first rifle... a single shot cooey that we used take out to the garbage dumps to shoot rats with :)

sunny skies

M

my dad ever took me Phesant hunting he made me us a slingshot and rocks. True story..

Didnt get diddly either