Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A bit of my roots or how I became a treasure hunter!

Cupajo

My father was a dreamer and let his dreams and schemes lead him far afield in life, sometimes into the shady edge of legality. Perhaps, one day, I'll share some of those stories. He was the proud owner of an early Whites detector and learned just enough to find a huge diamond ring for which he received a large reward. He told me that diamond shined like "The Headlight On A Train" son!!! Mostly he dreamed about detecting and as far as I know never found anything else with his cherished detector. I know he was proud of me for my record in finding gold and silver. He and I never had a chance to share our hobby other than in stories, but then life is often like that, eh?

In the late '60s I was in Germany in the service. Mom wrote me a letter outlining a tale dad brought home from a beer break at a small Texas beer joint owned by a fellow he knew who had been in Germany during WW-2 as had my dad. Dad remarked one time that if it hadn't been for the wine cellars in Germany he couldn't have made it through the war. He was trained as a scout and sniper and was always the first man into new territory. He had a small scar above one ear, I forget which, that was from a near death dealing bullet.

In the tale his the friends patrol captured a German payroll and buried it in a shell crater. It was in silver coin and there was some gold he assured dad and it was way too heavy for them to carry away. The treasure was buried a few yards to the right of the stone pillars the marked the entrance to the local airfield at Ulm, Germany. Dad wanted me to investigate and let him know what I found. He was sure it was sizable in value and was still there because the friend was the only member of the patrol to survive the war.

My wife and I traveled to Ulm not too far from my base and we checked out the landmarks provided us. A casual question at a local eatery got us raised eyebrows and directions to the local airfield that now served as a sport flying center for the area. The airfield was there, the stone pillars were there and the location of the treasure was now the site of a huge barn like structure. It had a concrete floor and I can not imagine it being built without the treasure, if any, being found.

Too bad dad. Maybe your next dream..........

Alas Dad is dreaming in the next world now and I miss him and his dreams.

HH Friends,

Cupajo

n/t

other areas of Europe. Surely all of it has not been found. Cupajo, thanks for posting this amazing story...it lights a fire under me to go back to some of those sites that I am finding while riding the motorcycle on the back roads of South Texas. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t