Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A bit bored today...

Ted S

It's been raining here which is good! However the humidity is right up there. I have been using field 2 for the most part on my Equinox 600. I have played a bit with Park 1 but not very much. I am going back to a trashy park area that I hit with field 2 pretty hard. You fellas think this is a worthwhile experiment or am I wasting my time...Ted

You may never know until you try it. For me trying different things are a learning process. And even at my advanced age i am still learning.

It's been raining here which is good! However the humidity is right up there. I have been using field 2 for the most part on my Equinox 600. I have played a bit with Park 1 but not very much. I am going back to a trashy park area that I hit with field 2 pretty hard. You fellas think this is a worthwhile experiment or am I wasting my time...Ted
Ted S, not at all.
Every time you change a setting it’s like having a new machine. I change things all the time because that is how we learn coinshooting! Enjoy!
Tony

Or when you get a signal see how it reacts in other settings..
Mark

You should go back and give it one more try, because you can miss a Target by 1 inch

Something about Park 2:
I think it gives a better audio response, louder than Park 1 on deep targets.
But, if you don't have your tone breaks set correctly you won't here those deep targets as well.
I know some will disagree but on deep coins, 10 inches or so, the numbers will jump more to the low side and so will the audio, in Park 2. It depends on the tone breaks.
In Park 1 I run my first break up to about 9 or so. Everything up to 9 sounds like iron. In Park 2 the VDI drops to single digits on my deep coins and therefore I can't here them if I have the first break set the way I do in Park 1.
So in Park 2 you would need to have your first break no higher than 0 so. And depend more on the tones that the numbers when it comes to those deeper targets.
This is the way it works for me anyway.

Only you can answer that--if learning something new it is never a waste of time unless you really hate what you do! Ma

Something about Park 2:
I think it gives a better audio response, louder than Park 1 on deep targets.
But, if you don't have your tone breaks set correctly you won't here those deep targets as well.
I know some will disagree but on deep coins, 10 inches or so, the numbers will jump more to the low side and so will the audio, in Park 2. It depends on the tone breaks.
In Park 1 I run my first break up to about 9 or so. Everything up to 9 sounds like iron. In Park 2 the VDI drops to single digits on my deep coins and therefore I can't here them if I have the first break set the way I do in Park 1.
So in Park 2 you would need to have your first break no higher than 0 so. And depend more on the tones that the numbers when it comes to those deeper targets.
This is the way it works for me anyway.
Jay hop, this is interesting I’ll have to try it.
I do agree that Park 2 is louder than Park 1, but maybe I need to watch a video on tone breaks.
Tony

I do agree that Park 2 is louder than Park 1, but maybe I need to watch a video on tone breaks.
Tony
Tony and Jayhop...Do you fellas run an 800? Tone breaks are more adjustable than the 600?

Since it sounds like you are very confident in Field 2, Go back and use Field2.... However this is going to be a "experimental day" for you. When you find a target using Field2, Change to Park1 with exact same settings as you use in Field2. See how the target reacts, sounds, what it reads for TID, etc. Then do the same thing for Park2, and field1, heck throw in Beach1 and Beach2. Take your time (after all this is "experimental day" for you) I did this quite often the first year I had the Equinox. I still have my "experimental days" however they are not frequent like they use to be. I learned enormous amounts in doing this and in what works best for me. I implore everyone to do this. Have fun days in experimenting. You may find another mode that works better or you may be already using the best mode.

After doing the above mentioned, then fool around with other settings such as Iron Bias and recovery speed on suspect targets. These two settings are very interesting to play around with, will truly help you understand their function and what they can do to the unidentified target in the ground. When you incorporate them into your testing, slowly change the value by one then test. Change again and test. keep repeating this process.

Tony
If you are at the factory presets you are probably ok.
I just use Park 1 because it gives a more stable ID on the deeper targets in my opinion and as a fact in my test garden.

When I got my first 800 I setup the Park and field modes identically. That included putting the first tone break at 9. (To attempt to eliminate some can slaw)
When testing Park 2 mode I couldn't even hear the deeper coins, which were sounding off nicely in Park 1. I was very confused as to why some people talked about how deep it was.
I don't remember when but for some reason I did a factory reset and went to my test garden forgetting to put in my normal settings. I couldn't believe my ears when I went to Park 2. The response was noticeably better than Park 1, but the numbers were not as stable and registered lower.

Tony and Jayhop...Do you fellas run an 800? Tone breaks are more adjustable than the 600?
I do have the 800. I would say staying with factory settings is the safest way to go for a while.
I hunted with the CTX for almost 3 years and just about 6 months before selling it I realized it wouldn't detect large silver. I was using settings I got from a handbook. In the mode I was using the large silver came in where the "iron wraparound" registered. Which I had decriminated out.
So air test are a must.

I do have the 800. I would say staying with factory settings is the safest way to go for a while.
I hunted with the CTX for almost 3 years and just about 6 months before selling it I realized it wouldn't detect large silver. I was using settings I got from a handbook. In the mode I was using the large silver came in where the "iron wraparound" registered. Which I had decriminated out.
So air test are a must.
Thanks! I do know the 600 will hit large silver. I found a Walker with it last year.