Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A bike trip to Kenedy, Texas............

Kelley (Texas)

I rode 225 miles round trip and have no pictures to show for it. I do not want to discuss it at this time other than to say that I can be so stupid here lately. I did at least enjoy the ride, but it did make me tired towards the end of the ride. I should not have ridden so far today.

One of the pictures that I wish that I could have saved was of a small Hispanic boy approximately seven years old that wanted to sit on my motorcycle when I stopped at a small park in an old part of Kenedy, Texas. When I arrived at that park, about fifteen children were playing at the other end of the park, but came running to me as I sat down at a picnic table to drink a cup of coffee. They and their families were having a picnic at the park and after taking the boy

Hi Fred,

Sometimes being tired is worth it!

Sounds like a very good trip.

As the "Family Photographer" , I used to spend so much time working at getting good pictures that I couldn't enjoy the occasion being photographed.

Sometimes it is better just to enjoy the experience and look at things with your picture taking eye and save the photography for another day!

Glad you had a safe trip Friend,

CJ

It's west of Kenedy like cutting back to Hwy 37, got a pretty little church there and about 50 people there. A nice ride on those country roads.

This is what I found doing a Google search.

COY CITY, TEXAS. Coy City, also known as Appleville, is on Farm Road 99 some ten miles west of Karnes City in western Karnes County. It was named after the family of Trinidad Coy, whose forebears were among the first Spanish settlers of Texas. When the Butler, Nichols, and Adams ranches were subdivided into farms, John W. Roberts and his family were the first to settle at the site in 1916. In 1918 "Dad" Ratliff built a store for the farming community, and the place was briefly called Appleville because about all one could buy there was "red sodey pop and apples." Shortly after World War Iqv Jenny Van Winkle built another store on the Appleville site, and Bud Wattle built a cotton gin nearby. R. J. Polasek built a new gin about a mile west, soon to be joined by another store and a caf

of the places that I visit. I have a folder set up for each place that I visit and from time to time I will look at the pictures again. Thanks for reading my short, short story without the pictures. Kelley (Texas) :)

a picture of that little boy setting on your bike and that old school house but Alas, I can not. Wish I had been there with you with my camera and fully charged batteries :D I always keep an extra battery with me fully charged.

Boy I wish I could have seen that corn field too but I guess I can just go google a corn field up.

Longest ride I ever had on my scooter was 176 miles in the rockies. Mary was on the back of it too. I think it was Rocky Mountain National Park. It might have been at Glacier National Park though. I misremember. My back and arse was a hurting for sure!!

:rofl:[attachment 124285 kenedy2.jpg][attachment 124286 kenedy.jpg]